Appetizer Salmon: Tartar Sauce?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason M. Park

TVWBB Super Fan
I have been asked by my mother in law to smoke some salmon for the academy awards. I think the appetizer salmon on this site is the one to use, but I may still do the other one, still not 100% sure. Any feedback on either one of these recipies would be helpful. The cooking processes themselves looks easy enough, so I'm not too worried.

Anyway, my question was about sauces to go with the salmon. I'm guessing tartar suace, but I didn't see any recipies for that here on the site. I searched, I promise. I suppose I could Google it, but I'd rather go with somethig that is "TVWB Approved." Also, any other sauce suggestions will be considered.

Thanks!

Never made this exact salmon, but on grilled salmon I like a sauce with mayo, sour cream, a squeeze of lemon and finely chopped fresh dill, maybe a small dash of seasoned salt. More sour cream than mayo.

Tartar sauce might be a bit much.

I like cold smoked salmon on water crackers with cream cheese, capers, chopepd white onion. However this smoked salmon recipe is more of a cooked salmon.

Creamy dill sauce, yes. Tartar sauce, never on salmon. You want something light that will compliment the fish, not overpower it.
Better yet, try them both and post back. Just because you tried it does'nt mean you have to serve it. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Your Mother in law may not approve but I vote for spicy mustard.

Ah, dill sauce, of course. Thanks all, I'll try that. Since I'm making a lot of salmon (3.2 lbs) I'll try a variety of sauces, including a spicy mustard.

I'll report what the guests say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back