Anyone with Florida Keys Experience?

GrantT

TVWBB Pro
We will be in the Miami area in later January, and are thinking of spending 4-5 nights in the keys. Wife has always wanted to go there. Does anyone have any information about the area, where/how long to stay etc? We were thinking of a couple nights in the Key Largo area, and then maybe a couple nights down towards Key West, and then drive back to airport from there on our last day. Does that work? Any other suggestions ideas, or things to see/do in the area? We will have a rental car...

I would love to help you, but it has been sooo many years since we have been in the keys, I am sure things have changed a lot. We used to go to Popps Motel on the Gulf side and I would love to sit on their dock, hold my fishing pole and close my eyes and just RELAX. That was when I was much younger and had a job to relax from. :rolleyes: :love:

Grant, I wish both of you a real good time. Would love to see pictures ok?

We will be in the Miami area in later January, and are thinking of spending 4-5 nights in the keys. Wife has always wanted to go there. Does anyone have any information about the area, where/how long to stay etc? We were thinking of a couple nights in the Key Largo area, and then maybe a couple nights down towards Key West, and then drive back to airport from there on our last day. Does that work? Any other suggestions ideas, or things to see/do in the area? We will have a rental car...

My wife and I were in Key West back in May, arriving on a Saturday and leaving Thursday. For us that was a little too long, so I think you're couple of nights sounds right. If you like history, we found Hemingway's house and Truman's Little White House very interesting. Sloppy Joe's, Hemingway's hangout, was a tourist trap in my opinion. We also took a sunset cruise (sunsets are almost a "religious" experience down there) that we really enjoyed. We stayed on the South side of the island, but most of the restaurants and things to do are on the North side. I'd suggest staying in that area, close to Mallory Square.

My wife and I were in Key West back in May, arriving on a Saturday and leaving Thursday. For us that was a little too long, so I think you're couple of nights sounds right. If you like history, we found Hemingway's house and Truman's Little White House very interesting. Sloppy Joe's, Hemingway's hangout, was a tourist trap in my opinion. We also took a sunset cruise (sunsets are almost a "religious" experience down there) that we really enjoyed. We stayed on the South side of the island, but most of the restaurants and things to do are on the North side. I'd suggest staying in that area, close to Mallory Square.
Todd, that's too too sad. Me, I would be happy to spend everyday there fishing :love:
I find that a lot more interesting than looking at some ones house:p

Back