Anyone try these fire starters?

Works perfect every time! And an appropriate way to get rid of today's media, too!

Dude used the entire Wall Street Journal. It takes 3 napkins and some leftover grease. Literally, place the grease or oil on a napkin, place under chimney and light the napkin with a simple crème brûlée torch. 10 mins later and your chimney is lit.

Dude used the entire Wall Street Journal. It takes 3 napkins and some leftover grease. Literally, place the grease or oil on a napkin, place under chimney and light the napkin with a simple crème brûlée torch. 10 mins later and your chimney is lit.

I'm "environmentally friendly." Why waste perfectly good napkins?! I can tell you that I use this guy's method and light with a torch or a match and nothing else is required.

I'm "environmentally friendly." Why waste perfectly good napkins?! I can tell you that I use this guy's method and light with a torch or a match and nothing else is required.
they're dirty. they're no longer perfectly good. and the paper towel i used to drain the bacon grease gets saved too. it comes impregnated with fat so it'll light up nicely.

the dude literally used all that paper. so unnecessary. like trying to kill an ant farm with a nuclear bomb. just overkill.

<shrug> I've got a pile of newsprint here, from the local bird cage liner. seems like recycling it into a firestarter is a good idea to me.

I have used them. They seem to work fine, though slightly harder to light than the Weber ones. I used them quite often in my Akorn.

I've used them and like them. Just bought 2 more bags, actually. Cheaper than the Weber cubes and I've had zero issues with them. Plus, it's easier pulling one out of the bag than pressing the Weber ones through the foil and having bits of paraffin chip off. No fuss, no muss with them.

Haven't seen the OP's starters for sale yet, but I would buy them if I did.

Masterbuilt fire starters are my preference. Weber cubes are a close 2nd - I keep mine in a ziploc to contain the parafin chips (press the cubes out of the foil while the packaging is inside a ziploc).

most of the time, I have my starter under a couple of briquettes to start. if I am doing something hot and direct to use my chimney - I like the papertowel and cooking spray method.

I also use and like those cubes. They work as well as the Weber cubes and there's no white flakes.

Last edited:
Well I stopped by Dollar Genral and pu a pack of the fire starters they had and will try them on the maiden burn of my Weber JJ. thought I would need it the other day but the 2 performers held everything.

Sunday cook on the Performers

Attachments

• 39EAD729-F022-496A-8475-5D560A91F50D.jpeg
    39EAD729-F022-496A-8475-5D560A91F50D.jpeg
    141.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 06096EA4-CC4D-4D01-A08C-7DC6A7958663.jpeg
    06096EA4-CC4D-4D01-A08C-7DC6A7958663.jpeg
    234.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 6FDB53AA-967A-4FD6-BC0F-828DA1A963F5.jpeg
    6FDB53AA-967A-4FD6-BC0F-828DA1A963F5.jpeg
    205.7 KB · Views: 5

Back