Anyone tried these? Red Brick Farms pork ribs

Kurt

TVWBB Pro
Local grocery store chain Shop-n-Save afvertising
Red Brick Farms Frozen Pork Ribs
10 lb box for $13.90 or $1.39/lb....

Any thoughts ?

What's the big deal if they are frozen? I know the majority of the ribs I get say previously frozen and the few times i have bought ones that were not, I couldn't tell the difference.

My buddy has been buying a brand (unsure on name) frozen at a large party store for a similar price and he says they are just fine. He is not as picky as me and is retired with three kids in College so he appreciates the savings. I'll ask him the name and report back.

Says in ad that they are frozen,
I will probly try a case... I am cooking just for my own family right now ... (Me wife 6 yo and 8 yo) we aren't very picky

John , thats funny and that's how I am however..............every time I went to Costco I'd see people buying the three packs of BB's where u can only see the top one. I asked about 100 people if they ever had a bad slab hidden and the answer was always no. Finally my wife said would you just buy a pack and quit bothering people. Been buying them for years when I'm there for convenience and never had a bad slab hidden. I still prefer picking mine in Eastern Market meat shops in Detroit where I can see all of them but sometimes I can't always get what I want LOL

There shouldn't be a problem if they are frozen. I bet dollars to donuts the ribs the butcher pulls out of the deli case were frozen and cyro vaced. :)

Andy, in Eastern Market in Detroit some of the slaughter houses share the same streets as the Meat Markets. I've seen them coming in fresh numerous times. Not saying I haven't had previously frozen but I think buying in a place like that it's less likely. The market god back over 200 years where the Farmers would bring in their live animals to sell and trade etc.

I don't think they're as good as the ribs I get in cryo from my meat market, but I've had plenty of good luck with frozen boxed ribs. You sure can't beat the price.

For 1.39 a lb I would give them a try. We have a few Shop n Save stores locally, I wonder if they are the same.

Andy, in Eastern Market in Detroit some of the slaughter houses share the same streets as the Meat Markets. I've seen them coming in fresh numerous times. Not saying I haven't had previously frozen but I think buying in a place like that it's less likely. The market god back over 200 years where the Farmers would bring in their live animals to sell and trade etc.

Wow. that's great, but I think that's more the exception than the rule - at least around here in New England anyway where we don't have a large meat proccessing industry. However when it comes to seafood it's pretty easy to get fresh, non frozen fish. I wonder if that's true for areas of the country with large beef/pork farms?

Well I bought another case if these ribs again today. Red brick farms frozen pork ribs , about 4 slabs,.... They were ok.... Not great but not bad either.... The kids liked em so today they were only

0.99 cents a lb!!!!

Don't look that bad either

Well I bought another case if these ribs again today. Red brick farms frozen pork ribs , about 4 slabs,.... They were ok.... Not great but not bad either.... The kids liked em so today they were only

0.99 cents a lb!!!!

Don't look that bad either

Those look pretty good. Better than some I see cryovac'd at the grocery store!

Back