Anyone in the Juniper FL area want to rehab a Crown Verity Grill??

Jon, the grates look to be in very good condition. Did you replaced the shield for the pilot tube?

What polish did you used to bring back the shine?

For the grates my helper and I used an angle grinder with a cup brush to take off the accumulated crud. We got them looking decent, though certainly not new. To do that probably would have required some heavy sanding. We were trying for usability not show. After wire brushing, we lightly coated with Crisco grill spray.

The pilot light shield looked ok to me so I left as is.

The outside was first cleaned with white vinegar and then polished with just Turtle Wax chrome/metal polish which seems to work fine on stainless, too.

Also got an inexpensive cover. It is under a roof but still outside. I am hoping that a no-name cover won’t draw as much attention as an exposed large stainless grill or even a Crown Verity cover. It would be pretty easy to “pick up” this grill in the middle of the night. I did the same thing with the stainless Weber I did for them last year.

2diq7tw.jpg

I cleaned it with vinegar and it did a decent job. I want to see if the metal polish will remove some of the swirl & scratch marks. Did you use a electric buffer or just elbow grease with the polish?

Is your unit LP or NG? My current quick disconnect was too small (3/8") so I had to pay the gas man to add an 1/2" quick disconnect. I was going to venture into doing it myself and save the one hundred some odd dollars, but I didn't want to take the chance.

That S310 looks nice...I have the S330 :D

Would you be able to PM me the serial number on the CV? I just want to get an idea how old the unit is.

Last edited:

Back