Anyone getting a Stealth?

Are you guys having problems with your SF? Mine has ran like a champ (other than not getting the smokeboost to work) I've had it right about a year now and I bet I've burned 30 or more 20LBS bags of pellets. It does take a little longer to get going than it did when it was new, I assume that's the glow plug of which I have 1 maybe 2 extra. I really haven't had any problems

I've been running mine for 23 months and haven't lost a cook. I have had to scramble when temp control has been erratic but my EX6 always recovers. Since the software update in Jan I have to give it as much as 1 hour for the temp to settle down but it settles sort of near set and then completes the cook with minor temp variations. This thing will eat any brand pellet I feed it and it rarely gets cleaned. I start it, it settles down, and then I cook on it. I'm tickled with my Gen1/Gen2 Smokefire.

Last edited:
I just had some issues for the first time in a while.
It kept losing set temperature and ran 70 degrees low. I didn’t catch on until everything was pretty dried out. I hear there is a new update, I’m going to give that a go soon.
Going to clean my temp probe as well.

I have had to scramble when temp control has been erratic but my EX6 always recovers.
Come to think of it, every-now-and-then I do have a problem with the temp. You bump it up and nothing happens. My work around is to crank it all the way up and leave the lid open. Once it fires it's self back up, I close the lid and re-set the temp to where I want it and it's good to go. That happens so infrequently, I forgot that sometimes I have to do that

Are you guys having problems with your SF? Mine has ran like a champ (other than not getting the smokeboost to work) I've had it right about a year now and I bet I've burned 30 or more 20LBS bags of pellets. It does take a little longer to get going than it did when it was new, I assume that's the glow plug of which I have 1 maybe 2 extra. I really haven't had any problems
On rare occasions I’ll lose the fire. Happened the first couple cooks I had it back in November, and was very close to returning it. Infuriated me to no end to spend $1000 and couldn’t make it through a cook.

I then gave it another cook to prove itself, then another, and another and it kept pumping out solid food. The only thing I changed is MY procedure, which consists of checking pellets fairly frequently and shoving my fingers down directly over the auger opening and breaking up any voids. Which it does create a void every cook.

I don’t clean it. I don’t baby it. It’s treated just like my kettles and is equally expected to be trouble free. And it lives up. I’ve lost fire in charcoal several times, which takes equal or slightly more time to recover from than does the Smokefire. Honestly some of the best $1000 I’ve ever spent in my life; I overlook my Summit Charcoal as that was a gift from the ol lady for Father’s Day a couple years ago. The Summit is the best overall cooker I’ve ever had.

Back