Anyone get spoiled by their own food?

I got to choose our family vacation spot last summer and since I wanted to see the Gibson guitar factory and eat some good bbq I picked Memphis as the spot.
After eating at a couple of places that have high rankings I couldnt wait to get home and get the Weber fired up.

I'd like to add three things. The first is that I agree with the guy that you haven't just spoiled yourself, but the family. I have only been smoking food for the last 9 months and I would say I only make good pork bbq, smoked chicken, ribs and the last two weeks smoked meatloaf. But every dish, once I get it, there is no equal in my mind or the family's.
But that being said, how much of that is the fact we can alter things to our personal taste? I like using a vinegar based finishing sauce on my bbq. And I have adjusted that recipe to get it how we like it. When you go to a restaurant, they are making everything to be in some general area to please the masses. It is a shotgun style compared to a rifle shot.
Finally, as a result of learning to smoke food I now have really enlarged my grilling experiences. So that really has spoiled the bride and it has changed even further how much we like eating out.
Life changing experiences over the smoker! Can I hear an amen?

YES! We are spoiled and it looks like the word is getting out judging by all the new members posting. I always try to tell people of the advantage of cooking on charcoal. Only a few though have wanted to try it vs. their gas grill.
Me and my wife will not go to any BBQ places around here anymore. The only place we will go to and that is only if we are in the area is a place called Rowling's in Waverly, VA. that is pretty consistent.
I believe a lot has to do with like many have said before is the prep that you do before the cook. Nothing like "Home Cooking".

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rick Reynolds:
I always try to tell people of the advantage of cooking on charcoal. Only a few though have wanted to try it vs. their gas grill.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I love the convenience of my gasser, but I'm looking for a kettle.
icon_smile.gif

Back