anyone ever have thier thermometer break on a wsm

Brian Collins

i was going to cook a t-bone today on my old funky chargrill today. my wsm was setting in front of it and when i went to move it i noticed my thermometer glass was broken. dont know what happened here... i just bought it in febuary and have only used it 2 times. i put some coals in it and it still functions... but what are the chances of it working correctly?

Yeah, I even have the cheaper Maverick remote therm and use it for all long cooks. Probably will learn to do without one once it breaks, though. Nothing wrong with the Weber therm if it's checked for accuracy and you understand the dynamics in the cooker. I use it all the time, but I know it won't read over 225 or so if I have a lot of cold ribs in the cooker...200 if butts or brisket. It'll come up to temp once the meat gets warm, though.

I had my thermometer stop working on my 22" at a comp. Not good timing!

Weber replaced it within the week.

Eric

When my Weber was still new I had a one time problem with the needle sticking. It was no bid deal and I loosened it with a light tap to the thermometer housing. I called Weber just to ask them if this was normal. The next thing I knew their Customer Service representative told me that they would send me a new thermometer.

well i kinda hate to ask for a replacement because i already had them to replace the vent dampers. i bought it in febuary and when i opened it up the dampers were bent. i staightened them up except for one that i just couldnt deal with how ugly it is.
i cooked a ham for easter and it worked. i cooked some hamburgers today and it worked...it just has a cracked glass.
i installed a river country thermometer at the grate before i ever done my first cook, it was just annoying that it broke. i have no kids and dont have any trees around it for limbs to fall on...so its just a mystery.
i would like to buy a maverick but just cant justify spending the money for one when my first cook which was a butt came out perfect with using the factory unit and the river country therm. thanks for the help guys!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jeff R:
About as good as they do when they are new. Sorry couldn't resist </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What he said!!!

Back