Anyone else watching XFL football?

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
My wife and I gave up on the NFL with all the kneeling and the Rams owner taking the team back to LA.
We do watch all of MIZZOU's games, and some KC Chiefs games.
We're really enjoying the St Louis Battlehawks.
The games are faster paced and a nice filler until regular season baseball starts. If a Cardinals game is on at the same time, the Cardinals win out. :D
I do realize there are only 8 XFL teams at this time.

I've been watching every week. While it's clearly a lower level of football from the NFL, I'm finding it far more entertaining. The pace and run time of the games are helping keep it more fun to watch. Having the coaches and refs mic'd up has been really fun. The instant replay reviews are awesome when you get to hear the open mics between the ref and the replay official.

This version is so much better than the first attempt because it's actually run by football people. And, I like that they are doing different things with the kick offs, point afters, and even the clock stopping after every play in the last 2 minutes of each half. Put it all together and there really is not many times a team doesn't have a chance to get back into any game. Most of the games are pretty exciting until the very end.

As an OU fan I love watching so many of our former players get a chance to play again. I'm really enjoying having football in the off-season.

I watched the first week and thought it was OK ( growing pains) for the telecast and for me.
I'm more geared for MLB right now and when the NFL draft starts I'll get back to football.;)

Tim

Yea Bob you got shafted twice with the Cardinals and Rams ( what's up with that, NFL?)
My Dad was a Cardinal fan when they played in Chicago and followed them to St Louis.

Tim

Yea Bob you got shafted twice with the Cardinals and Rams ( what's up with that, NFL?)
No new stadium built for Bill Bidwill, the football Cardinals owner.
I can't say here what we, and other former fans, have to say about Rams owner Stan Kroenke.

When the Super Bowl comes and goes, I've pretty much had my fill of football. The XFL just seems anticlimactic to me. A let down. I guess to assess it fairly I should sit down and watch a game....that is if I can pry myself away from the MLB Channel and App.

Last edited:
When the Super Bowl comes and goes, I'm pretty had my fill of football. The XFL just seems anticlimactic to me. A let down. I guess to assess it fairly I should sit down and watch a game....that is if I can pry myself away from the MLB Channel and App.

Compared to MLB, the XFL will feel like a thrill ride. Lol. Definitely check out a game. I think you'll enjoy it. There is one starting on FS1 in about 5 minutes, in fact.

Im really surprised how much I like the XFL! Is it nfl quality, no. But you have guys going all out, and the game is so much faster pace! I love the fact that when there an official review, you get to watch and hear what the replay official see and says to the referee. I hope it makes it, and the nfl takes notice.
Tim

My wife and I gave up on the NFL with all the kneeling and the Rams owner taking the team back to LA.
We do watch all of MIZZOU's games, and some KC Chiefs games.
We're really enjoying the St Louis Battlehawks.
The games are faster paced and a nice filler until regular season baseball starts. If a Cardinals game is on at the same time, the Cardinals win out. :D
I do realize there are only 8 XFL teams at this time.

I remember when your Cards left it seemed so wrong then my Colts left, I should’ve stopped watching then. I was just like any other young American boy, wanting to be Johnny Unitas or Raymond Berry, dreaming while playing with neighborhood friends. And I put up with the taking of a knee during the anthem, and shame on me. My family has had several military and police officers. But when the ravens went to London and took a knee for the anthem and stood up for god save the queen, I was done as were many of my friends my age. I’m thankful, the nfl just freed me up of 20+ weeks of time wasted in front of a television watching ungrateful employees playing a kids game making millions. With over a acre of property, 4 dogs and a farm to work on, honestly i don’t miss it. I have plenty of work to do and love it.

I'm enjoying the XFL. Its good competitive football. Todays Houston / Dallas game should be a good one .

Xfl sounds pretty much like watching college ball. If a game ever comes on OTA I'll try watching.

As a life long Dalas Renegade fan, I'm really depressed about the loss today to Houston. It's gonna take me a few days to get this one out of my system.

And losing our starting QB to injury just adds to my emotional distress .

I sure hope things get better.

As a life long Dalas Renegade fan, I'm really depressed about the loss today to Houston. It's gonna take me a few days to get this one out of my system.

And losing our starting QB to injury just adds to my emotional distress .

I sure hope things get better.

Lol. I feel you Lynn. It did really suck to see Landry get hurt.

Back