Anybody tried Dixie Dust?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim_W

TVWBB Super Fan
Just got my cherry chunks and a big shaker of Roberts Dixie Dust in the mail today! Looking forward to trying both.

Any of yall used Dixie Dust? How was it?

Jim

Jim,

I hear a lot about this blend. Never had it, but was wondering if it is similar to a Cajun type blend? I don't know why I am thinking this...just curious.

Here is my fave cajun spice blend. I would appreciate you looking to see if this looks similar to the ingredients listed.

Thanks!

Couzan Billy's Cajun Dust

1/2 cup Paprika
6 tablespoon(s) Kosher (coarse) salt
1/4 cup Black pepper, coarsely ground
3 tablespoon(s) Basil, dried
3 tablespoon(s) Garlic powder
2 tablespoon(s) Onion powder
2 tablespoon(s) Oregano, dried
2 tablespoon(s) Cayenne pepper
2 tablespoon(s) White pepper
2 tablespoon(s) Thyme, dried

Mix and use for blackened dishes and any other dishes that call for Cajun seasoning.

Just got mine in the mail yesterday Jim. That is one big shaker bottle! I haven't tried it on a cook yet, but I did taste it and I really like d the taste of this rub. Seems it would be a great all purpose rub. With any luck I'll be using it this Sunday on some ribs.

that Dixie dust is darn good stuff--just getting ready to call Dan and order a BIG container

Buzz

I saw that Hawgeye's carries the smaller bottle of Dixie Dust, I think I might order some - where could I order larger quantities, if I end up liking it?

you can get it right from DanR--won't post his phone number but the address is on the label--
Buzz

If you don't mind me asking, how much was the gallon? I got my Dixie Dust yesterday from Hawgeyes as well and must say it tastes great.
Jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back