Anybody have this to sell?: Weber Genesis 1000-5000 (19-5/8" W x 13.3/4" L) Bottom Drip Tray 40968012

Hey all. first post! I need some help. I have a very old (circa 1990) Genesis 1000 with the red cook box and wooden shelfs. I did a full restore about 6 years ago with stainless flavor bars, burners, and moded the regulator to accept POV valve instead of the quick disconnect. Its a work horse, and it has sentimental value as its been in my family for so long.

Unfortunately Weber directly told me this part is NLA, but was hoping to find a good used one or possible NOS stock. I have looked on Offerup, ebay, and still nothing. Everything else on this grill is mint. The trouble is there is another similar part, but it is not as wide. Seems every used grill I find this part is in rough shape.

Leaving this post up, if anyone has a good condition one I will paypal/venmo the money to you and pay shipping. LMK!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0081VS0HU/?tag=tvwb-20

Hey all. first post! I need some help. I have a very old (circa 1990) Genesis 1000 with the red cook box and wooden shelfs. I did a full restore about 6 years ago with stainless flavor bars, burners, and moded the regulator to accept POV valve instead of the quick disconnect. Its a work horse, and it has sentimental value as its been in my family for so long.

Unfortunately Weber directly told me this part is NLA, but was hoping to find a good used one or possible NOS stock. I have looked on Offerup, ebay, and still nothing. Everything else on this grill is mint. The trouble is there is another similar part, but it is not as wide. Seems every used grill I find this part is in rough shape.

Leaving this post up, if anyone has a good condition one I will paypal/venmo the money to you and pay shipping. LMK!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0081VS0HU/?tag=tvwb-20
Hi Gary, I sent you a PM. Thanks Bill

The parts for x000 grill are starting to dry up. Good luck looking for that tray. I've already started to pick up donor grills to build my stash for the future.

I found a Weber 900 and another Genesis 1100 but the 1100 is ROUGH. tray is unusable. The 900 has stainless burners and bars in it, but the tray is too short lengthwise. A guess the way of any product it to become unobtanium. Grill has been super good to me, just hate to see it go because of NLA forcing me to buy another one, or do what I'm doing now because I'm stubborn! :)

I guess we can hope that one or more of the Asian companies making replacement grill parts might notice this opening and start offering replacements. I concur that in the last couple years the availability of a growing number of parts exclusive to the early Weber Genesis grills is definitely declining. This large drip pan is a critical one and one that is subject to a lot of wear and tear. With little or no new old stock and most originals in deteriorated condition, it doesn't leave restorers many promising options.

2 words: copyright infringement.

Doesn’t seem to stop Chinese companies from other stuff. My son collects Legos, and there are scores of blatant rip-offs of LEGO pieces and sets freely being sold. This is illegal. However, just like grates, I am not sure you can stop a company from making after market replacement parts - as is done for classic cars - unless you claim they are OEM.

David Santana.
Goes by the name rcplanebuyer on ebay.

Keep our old Webers going and going...

Jeff

Hey Gary!
First, welcome to TVWBB. I hope you enjoy sharing grill stuff with rest of us here.

As Jeff said Dave Santana is a great friend to all of who enjoy and restore classic Weber grills. He owns a sheet metal shop on California and saw an opportunity for making high quality 304 stainless steel replacement parts. All his stuff is top drawer with excellent workmanship. Particularly, his super thick tightly spaced stainless rod grates are legendary here.

Don’t buy from him on eBay but rather look him up on Craigslist San Francisco Bay Area by searching there for Weber grates or flavorizer bars. His ad will have a Burlingame address. Use it to message him about anything you are looking for and mention that you heard about him here on TVWBB.

Dave’s stuff is not cheap but it is as good as you can possibly buy.

Hey Gary!
First, welcome to TVWBB. I hope you enjoy sharing grill stuff with rest of us here.

As Jeff said Dave Santana is a great friend to all of who enjoy and restore classic Weber grills. He owns a sheet metal shop on California and saw an opportunity for making high quality 304 stainless steel replacement parts. All his stuff is top drawer with excellent workmanship. Particularly, his super thick tightly spaced stainless rod grates are legendary here.

Don’t buy from him on eBay but rather look him up on Craigslist San Francisco Bay Area by searching there for Weber grates or flavorizer bars. His ad will have a Burlingame address. Use it to message him about anything you are looking for and mention that you heard about him here on TVWBB.

Dave’s stuff is not cheap but it is as good as you can possibly buy.

Very cool! So you are saying there might be a chance I can get a SS 304 version of the drip pan I need? :-D

Thank you all for the amazing feedback and support. I got a good used tray coming from a gentleman from NY, and another in MA sending me another tray with some additional shelf parts to get the good condition Weber 900 going again as I will be using that for meat smoking.

The Weber Genesis 1000 I got from the side of the road is too corroded to use, so will be parting out what I can use and scraping the rest, I'll post on here for those that need. Just need to pay shipping or come pick them up.

I need to research rcplanbuyer more. Having SS anything is worth having!

Thank you all for the amazing feedback and support. I got a good used tray coming from a gentleman from NY, and another in MA sending me another tray with some additional shelf parts to get the good condition Weber 900 going again as I will be using that for meat smoking.

The Weber Genesis 1000 I got from the side of the road is too corroded to use, so will be parting out what I can use and scraping the rest, I'll post on here for those that need. Just need to pay shipping or come pick them up.

I need to research rcplanbuyer more. Having SS anything is worth having!
There is a sheet metal shop making these now and selling them on ebay.

Back