Anybody Buy Wood from these guys?

Bill Meredith

TVWBB Fan
Hi All,

I was wondering if anybody here has dealt with fruitawoodchunks.com? I'm looking at buying both apple and cherry and they offer free shipping. Any input will be greatly appreciated!

I haven't tried them but I have used smokinlicious products and was quite happy with them. They also have free shipping. Their chips are more like shredded wood but work well. I would go with chunks though.

I have used Stubbs Charcoal Briquettes available at most Lowe's Stores for just over $8.00 for a 15 pound bag I believe it is. I have had great luck with it and it's convenient to run and get a couple bags if you are running low. Also Academy Sports is the best source I've found for "Bulk" hardwoods in large bags, as they call them, "Mini-Logs". Only problem is you will need a chain saw of some sort to cut them, and it makes a mess with sawdust. I bought a $50 dollar electrict chain saw and it will do the job, but you need a heavy vice on a work bench to tighten down the mini-log and cut it in about 1 inch pieces. It's a lot of work and trouble so I may start buying the smaller bags of "Chunks" of hardwood. The larger bags are a little cheaper per pound, but not nearly as convenient. Just for you to think about.

Good luck with whatever you buy.

I have bought several boxes of Peach wood Chunks from them. Fast shipping and you won't believe how much wood they pack in the box. The peach wood was very clean looking.

Thanks everyone. I went ahead and bought a large box of apple wood chunks and a large box of cherry. Should last me the summer! I liked the fact that their wood comes from certified organic orchards.

To bad they dont deliver to sweden.
Its hard as **** to find good wood here.
icon_frown.gif

@Dennis - They may ship internationally. I would drop them an email and find out. Apple wood came today. Hopefully cCherry will come tomorrow.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bob Sample:
I haven't tried them but I have used smokinlicious products and was quite happy with them. They also have free shipping. Their chips are more like shredded wood but work well. I would go with chunks though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks for the heads-up on Smokinlicious Bob.

I buy ALL of my smoking wood from Fruitawood..They are awesome and sell a great product(s)...I just got 17 pounds of Peach, Cherry and Pecan from them. There wood is top notch and I will never use anything else. I do highly recommend them. Join their facebook page too, as they offer discounts from time to time.

Dan

Thanks for the Pics Bill, and the recommendation Dan.
I'm always on the lookout for a new source. I've used Smokinlicious in the past with excellent results, but I just bookmarked that site.
I will be placing an order soon.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Tim

I'd love to pick up some Pecan and Maple but I think I've got enough wood to last me through Christmas! LOL

Only used about 5 chunks today and the flavor was great!

Do you guys remove the bark and pulp behind the bark to get to a clean chunk of wood? I usually do this with an axe and find it to be much easier doing it to an entire log before cutting it into smaller chunks like the ones shown in the picture link above. Since I can no longer get cherry logs in my new location, how would you go about removing the bark from the chunks you can order without whacking off a finger or more?

Back