Any good ideas for keeping rain out of the WSM?

Rob O

TVWBB Pro
Hi.

I leave my WSM out all the time. Tried using the WSM cover but it leaked and bottom would fill up with water.

I can put a trash bag on it - which keeps the rain out - but it looks pretty ugly.

Anybody have any good ieas for keeping the rain out? (No I'm not keeping it in my shed).

You could turn the mid section upside down. I did this and it seemed to work out pretty well. Hope that helps.

I just use the cover. One day though, I want to build a smoke shack for it to be in full time(even while cooking).

I bough the rustoleum product called NeverWet over the weekend and plan to use on all of my Weber covers, some reviews aren't so good though

Last edited:
Rob,

If you're leaving the WSM outside 24/7 go to a place that makes boat covers and have your WSM covers made out of a good marine fabric. I imagine you could take the original Weber cover and they could use it as a pattern.

Last edited:
Rob,

Get ahold of some seam sealant, like what is used on tent seams. Apply per that product's directions.

Well since my WSM cover got tossed years ago ... and since I live within 5 miles of a half dozen marinas ... and since my in-laws are avid (insane) sailors .. I guess I know which way I'm leaning.

Although gotta admit.. wish I'd thought about the sealant ideas and the trash bag under the cover.

Don't forget to close the bottom vents, even with cover I had an inch of water and tons of mold. DOH!

Back