Any 4.1.2 Boards for Sale ??

Frank Giacinto

TVWBB Member
Does anyone have an extra board for sale.
I am modifying the current board to add a Thermocouple for monitoring the pit temp.
I need the board to check for clearance on adding the Thermocouple Jack and needed circuitry.

Frank, I was waiting to hear from you about your thermocouple board, I figured you would have to order them (at least 3) from OSH Park? I was gonna offer to order the 3 HM V4.1 boards from OSH Park and trade you a HM V4.1 board for the equivilent (in cost) of thermocouple boards... I know there will be a delay on getting any of these (if we just order from OSH Park now) and you probably would prefer to get a HM board from someone who has it in hand already.... but if that situation doesn't materialize for you my offer still stands... Let me know...

EDIT: if you could share some details about your thermocouple board that would be great... Are you (and Bryan) attempting to fit it into the extra piece of board leftover from the HM V4.1 board? If so, I could upload that (modified) V4.1 design to OSH Park instead of the design that is released now to test...

BTW, I'm pretty sure all I would need is one thermocouple for the pit probe, for food probes I am fine with the Maverick and Thermoworks units. At max I think TWO thermocouples, in cause I decide to get a thermocouple to measure the temperature of my grill grate...

Last edited:
It is back and forth with converting the unit to all thermocouple, all thermocouple and thermistor, or just 1 thermocouple for the pit and the remaining as thermistor.
I currently have designed a board that has 5 inputs for thermocouple and 4 thermistor, using a jumper on the main board you select which is used. The design needs to be modified because the thermocouple jacks will hit the lcd.
The main concern with the new design is the cost, the boards cost $22 each not $14 as it is now.
Also the thermocouple circuit is all SMD and may not be easily soldered by all.
I was not aware of the software changes to enable the 5th unit, but I will try to tackle that another time.

Wow, that's a lot of inputs. I think it would be cool to have all that capability but in the end I think most people would use a tc for the pit and then RTDs for food. So I wouldn't favor a design that allows for all tc or all thermistor. Ideally you would be able to mix them up. As far as price, I don't think the increase is a back breaker when you consider the cost of the rest of the components.

So my vote would be for one tc and then as many RTD as you can fit. I'm interested to see what everyone else thinks.

Derailing this thread as much as possible (choo choooo). You can do 1 pit TC and the rest thermistor with the 4.1.2 board design. I wish it had the jack somehow integrated though. I'm still sort of working on it.

Wow, that's way over the top IMHO Frank... I would only need one or two TC's at the most, I don't plan on using TC food probes...

I am wondering if you (and Bryan) worked out any filter circuit that will prevent the issues Bryan had with is first prototype unit? I would like to make a TC interface board that supports only one (or two) TC's, but I was hoping to use a more refined circuit if possible...

I just ordered 3 HM 4.1 boards from OSH Monday. They are expecting them back from fab on the 11th. I will have at least 1 available. PM me if interested.

Last edited:
Will the 4.1.x boards be made available from OSH Park 1-at-a-time once you guys make your enhancements official?

Right now you can upload the design file and get 3 boards printed from OSH Park (you have to buy three), when Bryan gives the final stamp of approval on the board OSH Park will then start to sell singles... Meanwhile, if you want a single board you will have to source it from a fellow forum member....

I just ordered a set of 3 this morning. I will only be using 1 of them. It looks like there was either an OSH price increase or a price increase on the 4.1 version. It is now $42.50 for a set of 3. PM me if interested in one.

It looks like there was either an OSH price increase or a price increase on the 4.1 version. It is now $42.50 for a set of 3. PM me if interested in one.
Yeah the 4.1 board is slightly larger that v4.0 to accommodate the larger jacks so it costs a little more.

Back