Another Thermometer Question (WSM 22.5 Only)

R L Bagwell

TVWBB Pro
Hello All:

I was cleaning the lid of my 22.5 WSM this morning and noticed, for the first time, that the thermometer did not appear to be properly seated in the bezel, seeming to sit "cock-eyed", so to speak.

Upon removing the entire assembly from the lid and separating the thermometer from the bezel, the back of the thermometer itself had only one tab (at 12 o'clock), although the bezel has two slot openings. However, to further complicate matters, the inside of the lid contains the stem hole but only one slot into which the tab of the thermometer fits (while seated in the bezel.)

A review of the parts list contains insufficient detail of the thermometer, so I can't tell whether there should be one or two tabs; it does seem to me that there should be two, but then there's that "one slot only in the lid" issue. When I replace everything and tighten the wing nut, the thermometer will not seat properly.

It may not affect the accuracy of the thermometer, and I suppose I could wait until Monday and call Weber to find out, but if anyone knows the answer, I'd appreciate their input.

Thanks

I just checked my lid thermometer on my new 22 WSM. Code is AD on the top vent if that helps you at all. Anyways, I have 1 tab on the thermometer but I have 2 holes on the lid. Not to sure why this is.

Take care,

Paul

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Paul Johnson:
I just checked my lid thermometer on my new 22 WSM. Code is AD on the top vent if that helps you at all. Anyways, I have 1 tab on the thermometer but I have 2 holes on the lid. Not to sure why this is.

Take care,

Paul </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Paul, thanks for your reply - in case you didn't know, your AD indicates a 2010 manufacturing date (mine, DE, was a 2009 model)- if you're curious, here's the link to the site's info on the codes:

http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/wsmage.html

While one tab is apparently the norm, I don't know why my thermometer won't behave as it should; guess I'll try fiddling around with it some more....

Back