Another Nice Gadget I Found

LMichaels

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
So in my never ending quest of finding "bargains" one thing wife has wanted was a portable battery vac. So daughter and SIL bought her a Ryobi handheld 20V vac. Total disappointment (though in fairness it is capable of sucking up a spill) but not much else very well. Makes a lot of noise and commotion but does mostly nothing.
Recently I installed a new front storm door for my other daughter. Well when we were all done she pulled out this Dyson stick vac. (convertible). I was immediately impressed how well it "sucked" and it was pretty darn quiet. So I know she's (wife) been wanting something better than that Ryoobi. I figured she would love one of those convertible stick to hand vacs. Until I saw what those things cost. So, while Prime Days were happening, I set out to see if I could find something like that. Scoured Amazon and discovered this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CBJMY6HK/?tag=tvwb-20 Weird name I know, made in China I know. But then so is a Dyson. Anyway thanks to Prime days it was $89, and also had a $10 coupon and I had amazon points so it was like $70. Has a high powered brushless motor, HEPA filtration, very light weight, simple to use, and best of all it SUCKS. And it's super quiet. I mean crazy quiet.
Now, how well will it hold up? IDK. But it's very well made and put together. Everything has a quality fit, feel and finish. At least as good as what I saw on daughter's Dyson vac. And it pulls up so much "crap" I am totally amazed at what it finds.
I will report further as we use it more. She's impressed but she's down for the count with Covid (long story there on how she got it). But, it was one of those rare times I get a "treasure" from Amazon Prime Days and she is actually impressed and can't wait to try it herself.
But for those quick tidy ups and such this thing will be "da bomb" I think. No need to drag out the big corded Kirby or canister vac. Quick and handy, light and powerful.
Dyson on a beer budget

It looks interesting. Seeing deals like that make me feel I paid too much for our Tineco.

Kirby, lol: it has been a few decades since I've seen one.

Thanks. I have been looking at similar items but have not pulled the trigger. Report your opinion after a few uses.

It looks interesting. Seeing deals like that make me feel I paid too much for our Tineco.

Kirby, lol: it has been a few decades since I've seen one.
Got my Kirby with all the gadgets and works like a champ for $10 at a garage sale. I've had to put a new roller/beater bar in it a couple times, and a couple belts over the years. But, it's a "tank" and wife does not like pulling it out even though it's self propelled in forward and reverse. So she uses this POC Bissel corded quick vac. Makes lots of noise and spreads more dirt than it picks up :D

We have 3 of those stick vacs. The first one I got from Aldis 5 years ago. Use it in the beach house. Works great still. Bought two others one upstairs and one downstairs here in PA. One from eBay...Moosoo brand. Works just fine and just a month ago, this one: TMA Cordless Vacuum Cleaner,25KPA Powerful Suction 280W Brushless Motor,10-in-1 Lightweight Stick Vacuum Cleaner Cordless 2500mAh Battery 45Min Runtime,Handheld Vacuum LED Brush for Hard Floor T280 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C4TW5P6T/?tag=tvwb-20

They are great for hard floors and "touch up" on carpets...also cleaning out coffee grinders😉. Pretty much what you noted.

Have had a MooSoo (Chinese) cordless for a little over 4 years now and it still works fine with the original battery. The only complaint I have is that the sides don't pick up much of anything right up against the walls. It does come with a small brush attachment for the end of the tube that works great for that and the top of baseboards too, so not a big problem. The tube also comes off for handheld use.

Miriam got rid of the corded vacuum shortly after getting this one so will be looking a backup when black Friday rolls around. Sticking with the same brand, mostly due to the long battery life, weight and portability. Can't beat it for ~ $100. I do like to buy American made but comparable ones we've had in the past have been very expensive or trash so will make an exception. Pretty sure most of the American brands are all, or in part, made in China anyway.

If I had a Kirby I would also be looking for a new vac also;-) I cleaned homes and offices in and after college. They were the nastiest vacuums to clean out and unclog. I also fix and flip vacuums and those Dysons are crap and false advertising. There are a million screws to take off if you want to clean that upper flouted chamber. Dyson also advertises them to be filter less, which is garbage as there are 2 replaceable filters that are hidden in most of the vacuums. Since a lot of people do not know there there and they think their vacuum is broken when they clog. My wife would like a batter vac for small jobs so I will check out the links. Thanks.

After looking over the ads on Amazon I did not see anything on replacement batteries. Am I missing it?

Looking at Amazon. it appears there are many vacs that appear to be the same or very similar under different brands. Will read some reviews.
Yes I noted the same thing. This one stood out for some reasons. 1, absolutely no one had anything bad to say, 2, it's one of the highest suction rated, 3, rated very quiet (again like the coffee grinders important in case the babies are here), 4, while not the cheapest one in Prime Day sales it was one of the least expensive with very strong power ratings and very strong reviews. So, I fugured I would give it a go. So far glad I did. I have used it around the house a few times now and am quite surprised at how much power it has. We have some heavy rubber backed rugs (like entryway rugs) in the kitchen. Not the most "Better Homes and Gardens" but I like them. I have never seen any vacuum we own(ed) need to have reduced power to clean them. but this thing if you put it on high power will just clamp down and drage the rug right with it. And these are heavy rugs. The kind you would find in businesses. Wife got them as samples from Cintas as samples for their company. Her boss did not want them in the office and she was instructed to "dispose" of them. Brand new, and ever the bargain hunter she brought them home. And I have never seen a machine just literally suck them off the floor. But, this little thing does.
Next test will be to see how much it can suck up from my basement stairs which are SORELY neglected.

Pretty sure most of the American brands are all, or in part, made in China anyway.
Currently cleaning up the vegetable garden for the winter.

I just saw this:

IMG_6960.jpeg
Hypothetically, a conflagration with the current Axis powers, I know I will regret every American dollar I let go there.

What is it?
I have raised garden beds and a DripWorks drip irrigation system.

The photo is the back side of the water timer I use.

The system works great.

I have a weed block fabric over the bed, with a thin layer of black mulch.

Pretty much maintenance free aside from fertilizing.

Fwiw

Currently cleaning up the vegetable garden for the winter.

I just saw this:

View attachment 80632
Hypothetically, a conflagration with the current Axis powers, I know I will regret every American dollar I let go there.
While I totally agree and hate it every bit as much as anyone else, I have given up losing sleep over it. It's out of my control, and while I will ALWAYS look for something US made (or at least made by a friendly country), I am not going to not get sommething I want or need because of it, unless it's a food product. I will do without before I purchase any food product from there or that area. I draw the line as there are alternatives. Unlike a small vacuum, or your water system or even a grill for that matter (sadly). And yes I know there are "US Made? or "assembled") ones. But they're few and far between and when found are totally beyond the reach of someone with a normal persons income level. As much as I would LOVE to I cannot (and could not) justify say a $2500-$3500 Lone Star unit. IDK what it will take for industry to wake up (or at the very least) put their greed aside and put true US made products out there that the little guy can afford to buy.

If I had a Kirby I would also be looking for a new vac also;-) I cleaned homes and offices in and after college. They were the nastiest vacuums to clean out and unclog. I also fix and flip vacuums and those Dysons are crap and false advertising. There are a million screws to take off if you want to clean that upper flouted chamber. Dyson also advertises them to be filter less, which is garbage as there are 2 replaceable filters that are hidden in most of the vacuums. Since a lot of people do not know there there and they think their vacuum is broken when they clog. My wife would like a batter vac for small jobs so I will check out the links. Thanks.
Dyson=Junk science and clever marketing. Shark are as good if not better and a fraction of the cost with many replaceable, readily available aftermarket parts.

Dyson makes great motors sadly everything else that surrounds them sucks. Batteries on their cordless suck as well. Larry please keep us posted on your new purchase I've been looking into those as well ever since my Dyson cordless crapped out.

Dyson makes great motors sadly everything else that surrounds them sucks. Batteries on their cordless suck as well. Larry please keep us posted on your new purchase I've been looking into those as well ever since my Dyson cordless crapped out.
Honestly so far we love the thing. EXCEPT a huge glaring issue. The instructions tell you the HEPA filters need replacing approximately every 2 months. But, nowhere is there a link for them in their instructions, I cannot find a website other than their hosted markting area on Amazon.
I wrote and email tot he company who confirmed the 2 month thing, and said "oh if you would like they would send links for the filters". I responded I would like that, then "crickets". I have again written them and again asking for parts links for the HEPA filters and the battery.
Thought on extra battery is it's like any other cordless tool. If using a while and one goes flat you have another to slap right in there.
I will give them a bit, but if I cannot find anything about the filters at the very least it will go back. After all what's the point of it, if they don't provide you with a way to find the consumables?
Though there are conflicting messages in that everywhere in their online precense they do not mention filter "replacement". Only that they include an extra "main" filter, so you can wash it and have a dry one to install.
This also seems plausible as these filters are not some cheapy paper filters. They're a hard material (I suspect plastic type) and appear as though warm soapy water will do absolutely no harm.
Stay tuned to this Bat Channel

Honestly so far we love the thing. EXCEPT a huge glaring issue. The instructions tell you the HEPA filters need replacing approximately every 2 months. But, nowhere is there a link for them in their instructions, I cannot find a website other than their hosted markting area on Amazon.
I wrote and email tot he company who confirmed the 2 month thing, and said "oh if you would like they would send links for the filters". I responded I would like that, then "crickets". I have again written them and again asking for parts links for the HEPA filters and the battery.
Thought on extra battery is it's like any other cordless tool. If using a while and one goes flat you have another to slap right in there.
I will give them a bit, but if I cannot find anything about the filters at the very least it will go back. After all what's the point of it, if they don't provide you with a way to find the consumables?
Though there are conflicting messages in that everywhere in their online precense they do not mention filter "replacement". Only that they include an extra "main" filter, so you can wash it and have a dry one to install.
This also seems plausible as these filters are not some cheapy paper filters. They're a hard material (I suspect plastic type) and appear as though warm soapy water will do absolutely no harm.
Stay tuned to this Bat Channel
I bought the replacement filters for the Moosoo on Amazon but the vacuum itself on eBay. Also, as someone else mentioned, many of the vacs on Amazon are the same with different brand names. I'll bet most of those cone shaped HEPA filters are generic and fit many brands and models. Also, I've never had any issues with washing them out and letting them dry completely and using them over. That manufacturers line of you can't reuse them smacks of Gillette and razor cartridges marketing hype.

Back