Another good weeknight preparation

Rich G

TVWBB Honor Circle
We've been eating a bit more seafood, and I'm trying to keep the preparations interesting. Last night was shrimp with leftover carne asada.....tonight was Ling Cod en papiollote (parchment paper.) :) I riff'd off some halibut that I copied from @Cliff Bartlett, and did a compound butter slather. The butter had lemon zest, fresh thyme, fresh garlic, salt and pepper mixed in. My wife's fish got topped with some scallions/green onions, and mine got topped with jalapeno slices. The packages went onto the Skyline that was running about 450F, and they took 11 minutes to flake nicely. Ate this sided up with some roasted broccoli, and the whole meal was less than 45 minutes from pre-heating the oven to sitting down......

My cod with butter and jalapeno......

1629772720938.jpeg

Little packages ready to go on the grill (I kept them on the foil in case they leaked......

1629772748415.jpeg

Plated up with the aforementioned broccoli.....

1629772770566.jpeg

My after dinner cocktail, a gin mint julep.....

1629772790702.jpeg

Easy meal to make, super tasty and healthy, and eminently adaptable to different types of seafood. Thanks for lookin'!

R

Costco’s Chilean Sea Bass is quite a treat if you want to spring for it. While not cheap, the fish is incredibly flavorful and sears well in a cast iron pan as your cook method.

Your prep looks spot on and healthy.

Costco’s Chilean Sea Bass is quite a treat if you want to spring for it. While not cheap, the fish is incredibly flavorful and sears well in a cast iron pan as your cook method.

Your prep looks spot on and healthy.
Yep, we've had that a few times. Their black cod and halibut are good, and relatively reasonable, too.

Back