Another 420 Restoration

They do that on the Genesis E300 series grills all the time. I would definitely consider doing it if I had a Summit.
Seems like I'll be heading that direction but I may try and find some grill station panels to disguise it. Anyone have any🤞🏽

Just checked my spare parts bin and noticed that using the right side frame and door might work. I would need to cut up the old bottom panel in half to make the bottom. The rear I'm not concerned with but I could also use the rear panel if I cut it. I have 3 frame connectors I could use for strength and it's looking like a possibility. The alternative is over $1000 in parts from various sources or as @Bruce mentioned a propane tank cover😁

Question to those with experience.. I just went out and ran the gas firepit and while testing I noticed the tank is running low by the indicator on the guage and the feel test. I also noticed the tank was sweating on the bottom which also indicates the same. The question is has anyone considered mounting there tank outside on the Summit? I believe I can swap it to the outside by simply moving the tank scale, tank bumpers and relocating the hose through the rotisserie slot. Might have to disconnect the hose but that's the hardest part. Doing so will not look as nice as hidden storage but might prolong the bottom tray. Short of doing this I guess I can place something below the tank to catch the moisture. Any thoughts?
I did exactly that. The gauge is backwards, so I used a paint pen to transfer the markings onto the side facing out. I mostly did it because my temporary floor repair doesn't include a hole for the tank to go through, so the gauge was effectively useless (tank didn't "hang" from the scale) but also because I like the extra storage space afforded by it. It's not as clean looking, for sure

Attachments

• 1000003409.jpg
    1000003409.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 9
I did exactly that. The gauge is backwards, so I used a paint pen to transfer the markings onto the side facing out. I mostly did it because my temporary floor repair doesn't include a hole for the tank to go through, so the gauge was effectively useless (tank didn't "hang" from the scale) but also because I like the extra storage space afforded by it. It's not as clean looking, for sure
I like it! I shall keep exploring but I the mean time a tank cradle is on the quick list. The grill is no longer in the garage so going up to the deck to try and fit parts to it for testing is not really an option at this point. However, would love to get the grill station panels.

Question to those with experience.. I just went out and ran the gas firepit and while testing I noticed the tank is running low by the indicator on the guage and the feel test. I also noticed the tank was sweating on the bottom which also indicates the same. The question is has anyone considered mounting there tank outside on the Summit? I believe I can swap it to the outside by simply moving the tank scale, tank bumpers and relocating the hose through the rotisserie slot. Might have to disconnect the hose but that's the hardest part. Doing so will not look as nice as hidden storage but might prolong the bottom tray. Short of doing this I guess I can place something below the tank to catch the moisture. Any thoughts?
2 positives for the outside mount

1 easy access to the tank valve
2 more space in the cabinet for other stuff

I like it! I shall keep exploring but I the mean time a tank cradle is on the quick list. The grill is no longer in the garage so going up to the deck to try and fit parts to it for testing is not really an option at this point. However, would love to get the grill station panels.
For me it was a quick change. I have an impact drill that I can use a socket with. Was a 5 minute project with the right tools 😉

Back