Announcing the Ultimate Classic Weber Mega CLEARANCE SALE!!!

Jon Tofte

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
After years of buying and collecting at a way faster pace than my corresponding ability to complete grill projects and sell them, the time has come for me to sponsor a mega-clearance sale. No, I am not dropping out, and I still look forward to grill projects to come. But having inventory that will take me years and years to complete at the pace my current life situation allows, just doesn’t make sense.

I have A LOT of earlier Genesis stuff available for sale. Pretty much EVERYTHING from frames, fireboxes, hoods to the many other parts needed to make complete grills. Yes, I have Genesis 1-5, x000 drip trays and part #8006 control panels, and a huge, hoarded collection of all the other parts you will need. Cedar slats, a boxes of durawood, plenty of Z-bars, hinges and brackets. I have the classic Genesis wheels, probably at least a couple sets of the “flower” design, and maybe even a set of the early Genesis wheels. Lots of Igniter covers, control knobs and various plugs. While not everything you see in these pictures will be sold, the majority will be available – at bargain prices! I am not going to be cherry-picked. Bargains come with buying in quantity!

IMG_5325.JPEG

IMG_5399.JPEG

IMG_5323.JPEG

IMG_5398.JPEG

IMG_5396.JPEG

IMG_5322.JPEG

IMG_5338.JPEG

IMG_5332.JPEG

IMG_5330.JPEG

IMG_5311.JPEG
IMG_5324.JPEG

IMG_5327.JPEG

IMG_5329.JPEG
IMG_5342.JPEG

IMG_5343.JPEG

IMG_5335.JPEG
IMG_5337.JPEG
IMG_5340.JPEG

IMG_5328.JPEG
IMG_5326.JPEG

I addition to everything needed to make quite a few early “classic” Genesis grills, I also have some other odd projects I will consider selling: several Weber kettles and parts, including a beautiful 26” flat top with all stainless grates and with a flip-up 304 stainless cooking grate made by the now closed KillaGrilla. I have a very restorable Genesis Jr. project and some extra parts for that. Parts for a 5000 project…Beyond Weber, I have some PK project grills and some nice Broilmaster stuff.

Many, though not all of these, are all used parts. The used parts aren’t perfect but with good restoration virtually all should be usable. I certainly planned to do so!

I am located in Brazil, Indiana, about a half hour east of Terre Haute and an hour west of Indianapolis, off I-70. I have enough long discontinued Weber grill parts to make it worth a road trip. Bring a truck or trailer!

I am open to making appointments for any of you who would like to personally inspect all that I have. If there is enough left by Saturday, July 13, I plan to have a cookout and open house that afternoon if there is interest. It could be a mini TVWBB meetup.

If you have specific things that you are looking for or other questions, let me know. This is a hard decision to make, so please be understanding. I am willing to make some great deals!

Wow this is incredible! I am nowhere near driving distance but still so tempting.

If you sold and shipped these parts online I bet you could make a fortune. I know I would pay inflated prices to be able to order stuff that I can't find or get any more.

Holy smokes Jon! Huge surprise there!
Larry,
I am still in, but the reality is that, as things stand right now, I can't do more than 3 or 4 grills a year, at least the way I like to do them. Maybe when I semi-retire I can up that, but not soon enough.

The overwhelming amount of stuff I have hoarded has made things way out of control, so I want to get back to a realistic amount of inventory and have enough space to store and work on what I have.

Larry,
I am still in, but the reality is that, as things stand right now, I can't do more than 3 or 4 grills a year, at least the way I like to do them. Maybe when I semi-retire I can up that, but not soon enough.

The overwhelming amount of stuff I have hoarded has made things way out of control, so I want to get back to a realistic amount of inventory and have enough space to store and work on what I have.
I don't blame you. If you saw all the mixers and parts of mixers I have in my basement you'd understand I know where you're coming from

I've been a tech most of my life. And about 15 years ago, I decided to set up a little home business. And we had an old mixer that was in MEH condition. So, I was able to buy a couple service manuals, and I figured I would give it all a go. So I started with my wife's, then got a couple old clunkers, to use as gifts and donations (I did not want to take $$$ for my early work) even though it was VERY good work. One thing led to another, one of the people who received an early machine asked could I repair one for someone else they knew who's unit was busted, so I said "sure", and then it began snowballing, one person talked to another and another and pretty soon I was getting a few $$$$. A friend asked if I was advertising? I said no. Which led to a primitive web site, and then an actual "small business" which I have purposely kept down in size. Though occasionally I do get behind with a backlog of customer machines. Right now I have 4 IIRC in the pipeline which will be coming up for sale, in between working on customer's stuff.
And hell no one else is really doing it. When people find me they're so relieved I can repair their treasured machine rather than buying another. So, kind of in a nutshell.

I've been a tech most of my life. And about 15 years ago, I decided to set up a little home business. And we had an old mixer that was in MEH condition. So, I was able to buy a couple service manuals, and I figured I would give it all a go. So I started with my wife's, then got a couple old clunkers, to use as gifts and donations (I did not want to take $$$ for my early work) even though it was VERY good work. One thing led to another, one of the people who received an early machine asked could I repair one for someone else they knew who's unit was busted, so I said "sure", and then it began snowballing, one person talked to another and another and pretty soon I was getting a few $$$$. A friend asked if I was advertising? I said no. Which led to a primitive web site, and then an actual "small business" which I have purposely kept down in size. Though occasionally I do get behind with a backlog of customer machines. Right now I have 4 IIRC in the pipeline which will be coming up for sale, in between working on customer's stuff.
And hell no one else is really doing it. When people find me they're so relieved I can repair their treasured machine rather than buying another. So, kind of in a nutshell.
That’s awesome. Thanks for the info, I’m trying to think of something to do when I retire, I’ve got 30 years with the tools and want to set up something fun and possibly lucrative in the garage one day. I’ve got a couple ideas.

John, I think I need to make up a (small)shopping list and will get back to you but, are you in any rush? I don’t mind a road trip with a treasure at the end.
I don’t really need much nor, do I want much. An extra grease tray, some Z bars maybe, a spare set of spider guards. Not a lot.
Haven’t been to the “South American” part of Indiana in quite a while.
I’ll make up a list and we can sort out your price soon. Probably won’t be until August before I can come down.
We will “talk”.
Sorry, just re read some and see that you want this “reduced” fairly soon. What I want is pretty small but, I might need to let others with more ambition move on this cache of goodies!
A tray is still on the list but, if they sell, they sell and I wish you the best on removing the garage clutter!

Last edited:

Back