And you wonder why the cost of going to a ballgame is so expensive.

Oh man….word on the street he was coming here but no one really knew.
We had hopes for the Jays……..the bank accounts here are basically endless.

Insane. It was just a few years ago that I was shaking my head about Harper getting $330M to go to Philly.

Honestly why the only ball games I choose to attend now are our Rockford Rivets or I will go to a Beloit Sky Carp (farm team of the Marlins BTW) game. I watch a MUCH more enjoyable (though not what you call technically as proficient) game. Of young players out there for the game not for a paycheck. They dig hard, they try, and at least for the Rivets really all they get is a chance to play in effect college all star ball for 3 hots and a cot from local families here in Rockford who host them for the season, take them to their games and such. The families get free passes for their trouble.
We as fans get to see grass roots baseball. Like a step back in time. Almost like watching Field of Dreams or The Rookie but in real life. And all for the grand sum of less than $10! In a beautiful clean, safe and fun environment.
A hot dog at Rivets Field beats steak at the Ritz ANY day in my book. And on Saturday night and some Friday night games fantastic fireworks shows. IMHO it's as good as it gets
1702219158669.jpeg

Honestly why the only ball games I choose to attend now are our Rockford Rivets or I will go to a Beloit Sky Carp (farm team of the Marlins BTW) game.
Thanks. That reminds me that I have to contact our local Sussex County Miners team. My son wants to be a bat boy - work for free jerseys, dinner with the team, etc. He's old enough (11) in the middle of July, so I'll have to see if there is any way that he can do a game or two in the latter half of this coming season.

Ohtani is amazing, would have liked the Giants to pick him up, now I’m pissed I gotta watch and root against him for the next 10 years. NL West is ****ed!!

I'll say one thing. While sad at the loss of Rossi really looking forward to Craig Counsel with the Cubs. Would love to see Rossi take over the White Sox

Exactly why I won't even watch pro sports on TV, I refuse to support them when they price themselves so high most families can't afford to take their kids to a ballgame. Just watch once and see how many youngsters are attending games today, and we wonder why kids are glued to video games today?

Collage sports is trying to join the club,,, wanting to be able to pay millions for high schoolers to play for them. But hey, they already know who their going to make pay for it.

Ohtani is amazing, would have liked the Giants to pick him up, now I’m pissed I gotta watch and root against him for the next 10 years. NL West is ****ed!!
The Giants offered him the same contract....Ugg he decided to go with them nasty Dodgers... He's getting paid 2 million a year for a total of 20 million in ten years and 680 million in deferred payment after the year's lol

Athlete's salaries have gone nuts. The truth is that they play the sports because they love the game and would play if the salary was $100,000 per year.

The Giants offered him the same contract....Ugg he decided to go with them nasty Dodgers... He's getting paid 2 million a year for a total of 20 million in ten years and 680 million in deferred payment after the year's lol

He just turned the remaining ten years of an MLB career into 20. He'll live off endorsement money (and his 'measly' salary) for the next ten years, then live off the Dodgers for another ten.

Back