And we wonder what's wrong with USPS LOL

True, they do just drop it on the porch like any other package, but they definitely "card" you when you are buying it.
Yes they do. Another funny thing. One time UPS I think it was dropped a box of it meant for me on the doorstep of another house here in the village. Now, the scary part. It was just sitting there. Luckily I was tracking it. When it showed "delivered" I was able to finally get a live person at the delivery service who then sent the driver back to get the errant delivery and bring it to me. But only after I explained to them the dangers of not doing it. Their initial reaction was "it's insured it will get replaced for you".

Yes they do. Another funny thing. One time UPS I think it was dropped a box of it meant for me on the doorstep of another house here in the village. Now, the scary part. It was just sitting there. Luckily I was tracking it. When it showed "delivered" I was able to finally get a live person at the delivery service who then sent the driver back to get the errant delivery and bring it to me. But only after I explained to them the dangers of not doing it. Their initial reaction was "it's insured it will get replaced for you".
Yeah, that attitude seems a little nonchalant to me but I'm actually surprised our fine state still allows us to buy ammunition online.

Yeah, that attitude seems a little nonchalant to me but I'm actually surprised our fine state still allows us to buy ammunition online.
I'm sure that's an oversight. Here in CA they have a background check for ammo sales (but I don't know first-hand how that goes. I think once you're registered, you are good from then on.) Anyway, if there is ever an event caused by someone who ordered ammo by mail, you can probably bet that loophole will get closed. Enjoy it while you can.

But only after I explained to them the dangers of not doing it. Their initial reaction was "it's insured it will get replaced for you".
I'm not surprised at all that the customer service rep isn't quite fully informed about ammunition (or firearm) shipments. The State of Illinois does not have a sense of humor about misplaced packages like this. Or at least, didn't when I lived there.

I worked for an engineering company many years ago.
There were times when I really needed something by a certain time or things would be bad.
USPS?
Not a chance hades would I use them if my neck was on the line.
My employer chuckled when I he found out I used Greyhound freight services.
Hey it may sound funny but they have reasonably priced same day delivery with their busses.
Just have someone drop an item off and then go pick it up a few hours or when ever later.

I just had something sent via USPS that started out about a half hour from my house. Bought item from ebay and got a refund after about 2 weeks of not showing and not having a tracking number. About a month after the transaction I had a package in the mailbox. It decided to travel to Singapore and they actually sent it all the way back. Traveled over 40,000 miles and was undamaged. All for around 6 bucks shipping

Similar issues with UPS, checked luggage, etc. Airlines lose 2,000,000 pieces of luggage each year. RFID tags may help with that, but until then... :oops:

I have heard people say that about UPS. I used to use USPS for all my business (mixers) shipping. But after having so many lost, damaged and such I stopped and went to FedEx and UPS (mostly FedEx) and have not had an issue since in the last 10 years or so. I just find them overall more reliable. but certainly better. But as with anything else YMMV.
And I know full too well about lost luggage by airlines (having worked for 2 major airlines in my days). heck I was even a victim of my own airline's loss of my luggage on a trip to Europe. And had also been on the receiving end of WAY too many people's anger over it. And it was no fun being on the receiving end of that

I got a brain teaser for ya. This is a tricky one.

We shipped a Valentines package to my daughter in SF via USPS First Class Mail. It was shipped on Feb 9, from Brookeville, MD. It was estimated to arrive at my daughter's apartment building address between Feb 12th and Feb 15th. We figured there was a 75% chance it would arrive by Valentines Day.

Got me so far?

So on Feb 14th at 6 PM, I checked tracking. USPS tracking showed it had arrived at a USPS facility at 10:50 PM on Feb 14th. This would be local time.

Q: Given the above information, where was the package?

Hint: Starts with a "G."

A: Guam

When I mail something to a local address, it goes to Reno, about an hour away, and then back here for delivery. Always takes at least 2 business days. Now they're talking about mail from western Nevada being routed to Sacramento for sorting. That's going to work really well when I-80 is closed, sometimes for a day or more, during the winter. I guess this makes sense in someone's mind:)

I recently sent a Pasquini drip tray by Ups to Deerfield IL and it went by way of North Dakota and took 6 days from MA.
A few years ago was selling lots of P2 Volvo roof racks and eventually settled on FedEx because they never lost them.

Back