Amazon BBQMall Grill Table Stand Cart $219

Has it come in yet?
It is out for delivery today, waiting for the generous gift of an ash catcher before assembly, probably get that together next week. With the J.W. Birthday party and smoke day, this weekend, I’m not even going to open the box until I’ve got everything together. Considering taking the kettle to the car wash and blasting it clean first. Any opinions on that?
I am planning on this for the inaugural spin, if I can find a skin on belly

INGREDIENTS​

1x2x3x​

• 1 pork belly approximately 3 kg
  • 1 ½ tbsp salt

Spices​

• 1 tbsp ground fennel seeds
  • 1 tbsp ground peppercorns
  • 1 tbsp salt
  • 10 cloves of garlic finely grated
  • 1 tsp chili flakes
  • 1 lemon zest
  • 2 tbsp fresh sage chopped
  • 2 tbsp fresh rosemary chopped

INSTRUCTIONS​

Preparation​

• In this recipe, I assume that you have a prepared pork belly with scored skin. Place the shoulder with the skin side down. Make diagonal cuts in the meat, about half a centimeter deep. This will make it easier to work the spices and herbs into the meat.
    1 pork belly
  • Start by sprinkling the meat with salt. Then add ground fennel seeds, ground black pepper, and chili flakes. Massage them well into the meat.
    1 ½ tbsp salt, 1 tbsp ground fennel seeds, 1 tbsp ground peppercorns, 1 tsp chili flakes
  • Next, add the sage, rosemary, and lemon zest. Massage everything into the meat once again.
    2 tbsp fresh sage, 2 tbsp fresh rosemary, 1 lemon
  • Finish off with the garlic and massage it in thoroughly.
    10 cloves of garlic
  • Now tightly roll the roast and tie it securely with kitchen twine.
  • Next, it’s time to season the skin. Rub coarse salt into and between the scored skin.
    1 tbsp salt
  • At this point, you can choose to let the roast marinate in the fridge for a few hours before grilling. But you can also proceed to cook it right away.
  • Place the porchetta on a rotisserie.

Preheat the grill to 250℃ indirect heat​

• Place a pan under the roast and put it on the grill. Turn on your rotisserie. The roast should grill at 250℃ for about 15 minutes.
  • Then reduce the heat to 150℃ and continue cooking the rotating roast until the internal temperature reaches 68-70℃. If the skin is not crispy, increase the heat to 250℃ towards the end. Keep a close eye on the skin to prevent it from burning.
  • Once the desired internal temperature is reached and the skin is golden and crispy, remove the roast from the grill. Let it rest uncovered for 15-20 minutes before carving and serving.

This recipe came from somewhere on the internet, looks amazing!

You can use the car wash or a power washer to help break-up some of the build up on the kettle, followed by Simple Green & a razor scrapper.

You can use the car wash or a power washer to help break-up some of the build up on the kettle, followed by Simple Green & a razor scrapper.
I use Easy Off oven cleaner and let it sit. Then power wash. Then reapply Easy Off and use a plastic scraper/pastry scraper and it gets pretty clean.

Arrived about half an hour ago, the ash catcher is on the way, next week the deep cleaning and as soon as the catcher is here the assembly can begin! Will advise.

It is out for delivery today, waiting for the generous gift of an ash catcher before assembly, probably get that together next week. With the J.W. Birthday party and smoke day, this weekend, I’m not even going to open the box until I’ve got everything together. Considering taking the kettle to the car wash and blasting it clean first. Any opinions on that?
I am planning on this for the inaugural spin, if I can find a skin on belly

INGREDIENTS​

1x2x3x​

• 1 pork belly approximately 3 kg
  • 1 ½ tbsp salt

Spices​

• 1 tbsp ground fennel seeds
  • 1 tbsp ground peppercorns
  • 1 tbsp salt
  • 10 cloves of garlic finely grated
  • 1 tsp chili flakes
  • 1 lemon zest
  • 2 tbsp fresh sage chopped
  • 2 tbsp fresh rosemary chopped

INSTRUCTIONS​

Preparation​

• In this recipe, I assume that you have a prepared pork belly with scored skin. Place the shoulder with the skin side down. Make diagonal cuts in the meat, about half a centimeter deep. This will make it easier to work the spices and herbs into the meat.
    1 pork belly
  • Start by sprinkling the meat with salt. Then add ground fennel seeds, ground black pepper, and chili flakes. Massage them well into the meat.
    1 ½ tbsp salt, 1 tbsp ground fennel seeds, 1 tbsp ground peppercorns, 1 tsp chili flakes
  • Next, add the sage, rosemary, and lemon zest. Massage everything into the meat once again.
    2 tbsp fresh sage, 2 tbsp fresh rosemary, 1 lemon
  • Finish off with the garlic and massage it in thoroughly.
    10 cloves of garlic
  • Now tightly roll the roast and tie it securely with kitchen twine.
  • Next, it’s time to season the skin. Rub coarse salt into and between the scored skin.
    1 tbsp salt
  • At this point, you can choose to let the roast marinate in the fridge for a few hours before grilling. But you can also proceed to cook it right away.
  • Place the porchetta on a rotisserie.

Preheat the grill to 250℃ indirect heat​

• Place a pan under the roast and put it on the grill. Turn on your rotisserie. The roast should grill at 250℃ for about 15 minutes.
  • Then reduce the heat to 150℃ and continue cooking the rotating roast until the internal temperature reaches 68-70℃. If the skin is not crispy, increase the heat to 250℃ towards the end. Keep a close eye on the skin to prevent it from burning.
  • Once the desired internal temperature is reached and the skin is golden and crispy, remove the roast from the grill. Let it rest uncovered for 15-20 minutes before carving and serving.

This recipe came from somewhere on the internet, looks amazing!

Very similar to Filipino lechon pork belly roll. It was a street food on the streets in PI years ago so thought I would try to reproduce it a couple of years ago. Came pretty close to nailing it. Short on lemon grass in these parts so improvised a little bit however turned out well

50965171363_6721445556_b.jpg

50965880281_74a740a569_b.jpg

50965987537_0bd1ef537c_b.jpg

Make sure when you trim the skin you cut it back far enough that you don't have any inside the roll you want it all exposed.

Your list of ingredients should work fine as well.

My favorite PI food though is pork belly sliced thin or the packages that Costco sells already sliced. A lot of debate among Filipinos as to the correct soda to use but I used Dr. Pepper for the soak and it was perfect. With a basting sauce based on banana ketchup.

52035607428_786085f2e1_b.jpg

Candy on a stick. Lechon pork belly is good as well though.

Very similar to Filipino lechon pork belly roll. It was a street food on the streets in PI years ago so thought I would try to reproduce it a couple of years ago. Came pretty close to nailing it. Short on lemon grass in these parts so improvised a little bit however turned out well

50965171363_6721445556_b.jpg

50965880281_74a740a569_b.jpg

50965987537_0bd1ef537c_b.jpg

Make sure when you trim the skin you cut it back far enough that you don't have any inside the roll you want it all exposed.

Your list of ingredients should work fine as well.

My favorite PI food though is pork belly sliced thin or the packages that Costco sells already sliced. A lot of debate among Filipinos as to the correct soda to use but I used Dr. Pepper for the soak and it was perfect. With a basting sauce based on banana ketchup.

52035607428_786085f2e1_b.jpg

Candy on a stick. Lechon pork belly is good as well though.
Oooooh!

It arrived last week, too busy to deal with it then but, today the ashcatcher arrives so, maybe two hours of translating what ever on earth “Buttery nuts” were (wing nuts). Muttering about how strange it seemed to install and then have to remove various nuts to install another part, it was finally assembled to the point I could install the kettle, it’s done!IMG_0625.jpeg

Looks good! How do you like the quality of it?
Weeelllllllll, its chinesium, not awful but, as expected.
construction is light but it’s surprisingly stable. at the sale price, I’d say fair. If it was a Buck and a half? Good deal. $220, a little dear. The bowl is solid considering it’s sitting on three “under lip” plates but, those seem quite solid. I will take the ash catcher loop out and the real one comes, placement of the sweep will need a little thought but, I‘ve got a few more Modelo negra on ice! We shall see after I install the ash catcher and roti ring just how good it feels.
I think until if fire it up I’d give it a 7/10.

Last edited:
Kinda want to get one to see if a WSM would fit. I really like this style of grill table. I would get a used Weber one but most of the Weber grill carts on the secondary in my area are all rusted out and not worth fixing or they are priced about the same as this for a used product even with the kettle missing

Kinda want to get one to see if a WSM would fit. I really like this style of grill table. I would get a used Weber one but most of the Weber grill carts on the secondary in my area are all rusted out and not worth fixing or they are priced about the same as this for a used product even with the kettle missing
I was sitting out there looking at the carriage thinking the same thing, I don’t think the height of the WSM barrel would fit right, then remember the “Lip” goes the other way than a kettle. Access to the door might take a little finesse but I am not sure that it would be worth that much tweaking, build one from scratch.
I think I might rotate the kettle 90* and see how it all lines up putting the vent and ash sweep arm at the “back” instead of the side. The handle rests on the table and takes up about 3” of working space. Just thinking…
for the ash catcher to be accessible I did rotate the kettle
Bottle opener tested,
IMG_0626.jpeg
“Slide aside” very nice.
IMG_0627.jpeg
All in all, 7.8/10

Last edited:
Hmmm... I do kettle pizzas on my 22" classic. I always wonder if that will overfire any mounting table. It gets HOT. 600-800F.

1685587085586.png

This tabletop is painted steel(well, chinesium) and not incredibly heavy I’m betting that sucker will melt butter in a pan with ambient conductive heat from a spun chicken so, Pizza heat! Maybe fry an egg!

Correction, kettle rotated about 30* and ash catcher access seems acceptable. Firing it today with a chicken, nothing special.
Now, the platypus is going to be another “project”, previous owner didn’t understand what he was doing and somehow managed to smash the left side table. Im going to go pick my cabinetmaker buddy’s scrap bins and see if I can find something interesting to fabricate a set out of. It might find its way into the “for sale“ category if I don’t find myself using it a lot more.
I don’t know.

No one at my party ever looked like that!
I don’t know if I will get it assembled before the “Duke” birthday party (the 27th) but, maybe.
This year the party is a five grill set up, appetizers and BYOB!
RSVP appreciated.

That KaBob is not impressive.... Can't see where this guy's right hand is... may have something to do with this lady's expression...
1685821339736.png

Back