Am I a bad person?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I went by Sam's Club to pick up some pork butts for this weekend's tailgate.

Last week, I went thru 30lbs of boston butts (4) in like 90 minutes so I figure that I would do 45lbs (6) this week.

When I got there I was a little pissed off...

2 weeks ago, butts were $.82 per pound...

Last week, butts were $1.02 per pound...

This weeks, butts were $1.08 per pound... D@MN!

Since I was going to need 45 pounds, I figured what the heck... I'll ask about the case price...

The guy says "I'll have to check on that. It will be a second."

Then he comes back and says "by the case, pork butts are $0.57 per pound."

Mind you I only need 45 pounds this week but, I figure what the heck, this is a screaming 1 time deal...

It ain't like I can't use more than that 45 pounds.

I mean shoot, including this weekend, I got 5 more home games that need Q.

I have tons of freezer space from not going Caribou hunting this year...

so I reply "I'll take 5 cases, please"

So he comes out with 1 case... then another case... then another case... after a few minutes he comes back out and says "I am so sorry, we only have 3 cases."

So bottomline, I got 186 pounds of boston butts for the whopping price of $106.

So tell me, Am I a bad person?

In my defense, THE Q MADE ME DO IT!

Yes, you should be ashamed!

Hogging all that pork! /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Sonny & Travis,

The funniest part is that, initially, I did not know I was getting a killer deal. It might have been his accent and limited English but he was really not communicating very well.

After trying to get a price for a while, he came back to me and said "the case is 60lbs and it would be 57. Is that ok?"

So I am thinking $57 for the case, I figure ok, I save a few bucks so I tell him... "Yea, I'll take it"

Then I see him with a calculator coming up with a price... punches it into the label printer... slaps a label on it... gives me the case... then I look at the label and it hits me... HE WAS TALKING $0.57 PER POUND! THE CASE IS COSTING ME ONLY $33!

He then asks me if I need anything else... I say "I need 4 more cases of Pork Boston Butts!"

Lmao

I don't know how he came up with $0.57 per pound by case but, from a price of $1.08 per pound by cryovac, best I can tell, he gave me THEIR COST on the butts.

Anyway, I had to call my Dad on the way home from Sam's Club and he goes "that is nice. So are you going back next Weds? I could use a case or two of meat."

You may be a bad person, but not for getting a good deal on meat. Similar luck explains why I have 288 lbs of Kingsford in my garage that only cost me $24.

When I got my first case of butts, what got me was the 75lb case they wheeled out! /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

I quickly forgot about the $1.08 I was paying and was wondering how the heck I was going to get that monster loaded. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back