Alternative Replacement Water Pan for 18.5" WSM

Yes sir, but by all the discrepancies in Amazon product descriptions I’m not too surprised. I clicked on your link and ordered it from there. It’s not too deep but it’s 15” ID, and over 16” OD. This was actually the second time I’ve ordered this pan. A month or so ago I cancelled the order because it was on a slow boat from China. The wife found another SS mixing bowl on Amazon that was the right diameter this afternoon, but it was deep. I believe it was no more than half an inch shallower than the current OE Weber pan.

Hopefully we can find a solution for a better pan in the near future but I guess I’ll have to send back the 12” Dutch oven liners I ordered as well. I may wait a bit on that I suppose. I’m actually surprised that a BBQ Supply Co. or a BBQ Smoker Mods Co. hasn’t started selling a replacement pan that would be the perfect dimensions.
Thanks for the information.

I got the too big bowl from that Amazon link too. Waaaayyyyy too big. A wrong different model.

On my second try, I went to a different site (some cooking supply store) which had more clear info on the dimensions and model number. Got the right model.

The Amazon link above sends you to a bowl only referred to as “medium” so you can’t confirm the details. Just a bad link that gets you the wrong item.

Last edited:
The Amazon link above sends you to a bowl only referred to as “medium” so you can’t confirm the details. Just a bad link that gets you the wrong item.
If you scroll down the page to the product specs, they are listed as 14.75 x 14.75 x 3.50 inches. If they're shipping larger bowls than listed in the spec, bad on them!

Here's a measurement of mine, it looks to be less than 1/8" shy of 14.75".

IMG_0667.JPG

I will add a note of caution at the top of this thread about variations in diameter.

Last edited:

This link got me the right bowl.

On the amazon link, the pictures and specs for the 13Q and 16Q bowls are crossed up. The "medium" bowl pictured is clearly the 16Q bowl that is deeper and measures 17.25 diameter. Even though the description is for the 13Q/14.25 diameter, I got the bigger/wrong bowl from that amazon link. And the picture of the correct shallower 13Q bowl is tied to the description of the 16Q. My guess is that if you order the 16Q, you will get the 13Q.

The bowl works well -- just buy it from another source.

Last edited:
I had this problem with socks at Amazon. Ordered quarter socks but got regular height socks. Reported the problem, so sorry, we’re sending a replacement. Same result. Reported the problem again, “Please don’t resend, you’re picking the wrong item or you’ve got the wrong item in the quarter sock bin.” Sure enough, they had the wrong socks in the picking bin.

So maybe Amazon has the wrong bowl in the wrong picking bin.

"So maybe Amazon has the wrong bowl in the wrong picking bin."

Probably the 13Q and 16Q bins on Amazon are switched.

The bowl itself is fine -- just don't try to get it from Amazon. Available many other places.

I got the 13Q winco bowl from amazon, works great. I really like how shallow it is compared to the stock WSM 18 bowl.

Somehow I still get a little water water inside it even after I thought i had foiled it perfect. Oh well, still way easier to clean than the stock waterpan

Ok, so I am confused. Does the Winco bowl (14.75") fit the WSM 18.5 current year (2014 and after)? Just got a new WSM 18.5".

Thanks!

Just FYI - i found the winco bowl on ebay. It fit almost perfect (had to bend the tabs in just slightly.) I paid $11.26 with tax and free shipping. I ordered it last week, and it came on Friday. https://www.ebay.com/itm/152807644594

Did you order this bowl yet? Was it the right one?

The described dimensions (16.25 diameter and 4.5 deep) are NOT what you want. The picture also looks like the wrong one -- too deep. That's the wrong bowl I got on my first try buying from Amazon -- right model number, but wrong dimensions.

What you want are (i) MXB 1300Q, (ii) 14.75 diameter and (iii) 3.5 deep.

On my second try, I got the right one from here. Which lists the right model number and also the right dimensions.

Ok, so I am confused. Does the Winco bowl (14.75") fit the WSM 18.5 current year (2014 and after)? Just got a new WSM 18.5".
Winco MXB-1300Q measures 14.75" in diameter and should fit all 18.5" WSM. Disclaimer is that these are not precision engineered bowls, they're made for kitchens, not cookers, so there may be slight variance in diameter. Mine is 14-5/8" diameter and fits fine in my 1997 WSM. Some folks have had to adjust the ends of the grill straps to get theirs to fit. I have not personally tried this bowl in a 2020 18.5" WSM.

If you order MXB-1300Q and it's 16" or larger, they've sent you the wrong bowl and you should return it.

Did you order this bowl yet? Was it the right one?

The described dimensions (16.25 diameter and 4.5 deep) are NOT what you want. The picture also looks like the wrong one -- too deep. That's the wrong bowl I got on my first try buying from Amazon -- right model number, but wrong dimensions.

What you want are (i) MXB 1300Q, (ii) 14.75 diameter and (iii) 3.5 deep.

On my second try, I got the right one from here. Which lists the right model number and also the right dimensions.

Hi Jim. I did order that exact bowl, and it fit just about perfect in my 18.5 - just had to bend the tabs slightly for a snug fit. If you scroll down a bit, the model of the bowl in that ebay posting is MXB-1300Q.

Harry — thanks. That should help future bowl buyers.

So that eBay link seems to get you the right model bowl. It has the correct model number.

Even though the picture is for a different/wrong model. And the listed dimensions are for the wrong/different model.

Harry — thanks. That should help future bowl buyers.

So that eBay link seems to get you the right model bowl. It has the correct model number.

Even though the picture is for a different/wrong model. And the listed dimensions are for the wrong/different model.

Now I see what you are saying - I did not expand the details section and look close enough. The dimensions showed there are definitely not the dimensions of the bowl, that I got. I got the 14.75" which matches the model MXB-1300Q. I left feedback to the seller to update the details.

Anyway, like you said, I was posting this so there would be another option to purchase them.

Last edited:

Back