Aloha Chicken Burger

Joan

TVWBB Hall of Fame
This was dinner last night. DH gave it a "VERY GOOD" and I gave it a "GOOD". We used French Hamburger Buns, that might have made a little difference and no tomato.

Aloha Chicken Burger

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 lb.)
1/4 cup soy sauce
8 slices thick-cut bacon
1/4 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
4 slices Swiss cheese
4 sweet Hawaiian hamburger buns, split
2 TB. butter, softened
4 slices fresh or canned pineapple
1/4 cup mayonnaise
4 leaves iceberg lettuce
4 slices tomato

1. Put chicken and soy sauce in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal and turn to coat. Chill 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, add bacon to a skillet or grill pan over medium-high heat; cook until crisp, 7 to 9 minutes. Drain on paper towels, then crumble when cooled.
3. Preheat a stovetop grill pan over medium heat or an outdoor grill to medium heat (325F to 375F).
4. Transfer chicken from marinade, discarding marinade, to grill pan or grill. Grill 6 to 8 minutes per side or until instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest parts registers 165F. Generously brush both sides of chicken with teriyaki sauce. Top with cheese, then cover until cheese is melted. Remove chicken from grill and cut into 4 pieces.
5. Spread cut sides of buns with butter. Arrange buns, cut sides down, on grill and grill until toasted and grill marks appear, about 2 minutes. Pat pineapple slices dry with paper towels and arrange on grill; grill until light brown grill marks appear, about 2 minutes.
6. Serve chicken on buns with mayo, bacon, pineapple, lettuce and tomato slices. Serves 4

Source: Allrecipes mag. April 2020

I made these a couple of days back. Was good but probably will not make again. i think my chicken breast was too thick and made it hard to eat.

This was dinner last night. DH gave it a "VERY GOOD" and I gave it a "GOOD". We used French Hamburger Buns, that might have made a little difference and no tomato.

Aloha Chicken Burger

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 lb.)
1/4 cup soy sauce
8 slices thick-cut bacon
1/4 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
4 slices Swiss cheese
4 sweet Hawaiian hamburger buns, split
2 TB. butter, softened
4 slices fresh or canned pineapple
1/4 cup mayonnaise
4 leaves iceberg lettuce
4 slices tomato

1. Put chicken and soy sauce in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal and turn to coat. Chill 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, add bacon to a skillet or grill pan over medium-high heat; cook until crisp, 7 to 9 minutes. Drain on paper towels, then crumble when cooled.
3. Preheat a stovetop grill pan over medium heat or an outdoor grill to medium heat (325F to 375F).
4. Transfer chicken from marinade, discarding marinade, to grill pan or grill. Grill 6 to 8 minutes per side or until instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest parts registers 165F. Generously brush both sides of chicken with teriyaki sauce. Top with cheese, then cover until cheese is melted. Remove chicken from grill and cut into 4 pieces.
5. Spread cut sides of buns with butter. Arrange buns, cut sides down, on grill and grill until toasted and grill marks appear, about 2 minutes. Pat pineapple slices dry with paper towels and arrange on grill; grill until light brown grill marks appear, about 2 minutes.
6. Serve chicken on buns with mayo, bacon, pineapple, lettuce and tomato slices. Serves 4

Source: Allrecipes mag. April 2020
Sounds good - We need pictures.....

Barb just picked up 8 Lbs. of boneless skinless chicken breasts at work yesterday for $.99 Lb. I know what a couple will be used for.

I made these a couple of days back. Was good but probably will not make again. i think my chicken breast was too thick and made it hard to eat.
Hi Allen, thank you for trying the recipe. It's been a few months since we had them and I can't remember why I only gave it a "good" rating, but DH really liked it.

Barb just picked up 8 Lbs. of boneless skinless chicken breasts at work yesterday for $.99 Lb. I know what a couple will be used for.
Hi Rich, how are you and Barb doing? Hope the recipe works out better for you both, thanks for trying it. I'm sure you know how much that means to me. :)

Back