Almost have a mind to grab this

That thing was a beast. Of course back in the day 6mpg did not really "hurt" all that much. Can you imagine trying to have that as a daily driver today?

By 1980 those were not "real" caddies. They were rebadged Chevies. Mine was a "real" Caddy. 1969 Coupe De Ville. A beautiful ride with a very powerful 472 V8. 500 lb ft of move the globe torque. MPG? Ha! Most of the time all I ever saw was 6mpg on premium. It could squeak out about 15 on the road but in town 6 was all I could manage. It made a lot of "dings" on the pump when it was being filled. Loved that car. One night coming down a deserted Route 14 out of Barrington from Kelsey's Road House I was cooking along at just shy of 100 mph. My buddy asked why I was driving so slow. I said look at the speedo. He nearly peed his pants LOL. A true Mafia Staff Car. I could have stacked the bodies in the huge trunk like cordwood :D
Re what I can fit in my Highlander I know I can fit a whole *&itload in it. Heck when I took my Wolf home it came home in a little Saturn Vue. So I know that Wolf would definitely fit in the Highlander. The issue is by myself I cannot lift the grill head or the cart into the Highlander. Which is why a trailer to simply winch the Wolf onto would be called for if I have to do it by myself.
BTW note the license plate on the caddy. It is a Bicentennial IL plate and the red white and blue city tag on the windshield. The blue car was my mom's 71 Lemans and that little green Vega belonged to the shop foreman I worked for at Cadillac.
And the photo was taken only about 5 blocks from where Harrison Ford grew up LOL
That is an awesome pic. I don't know anything about Cadillac models and years but when I was possibly 10-11 I asked for a Caddy for my Birthday that was possibly near that era. I'd guess it was ~1/20'th scale or similar and it was metal, motorized, had a functional steering wheel and if memory serves had a functional horn, headlights, and a gear shift. I remember lots of cruising fun and imaginary dates with that beast. That's right; I was girl crazy back then, lol.

My boss in 1985 had a DeVille that was 3 or 4 years old. I rode in it a few times. I felt lost with all the room. It was a long reach to the dash and If it wasn't for the console, I think 4 adults could rid in the front seat comfortably. Never experienced the back seat or trunk though. If you wanted a great highway car for a long road trip, that was it. Even with crap roads back then, you didn't feel any bumps and it seemed the faster you went, the smoother the ride was.

Those big Caddy's will surprise you with their get-up-and-go. I had a brand new 1976 Ford Ranchero with the 460 and got in a race with one. I lost, but I gained a new respect for those big luxury cruisers.

Last edited:
My buddies parents had a 1970 Lincoln Continetal with the 460. It had a supper short stroke so it would burn the hell out of the tires, but it took forever to get it up cruising altitude.

There was a bar we used to go to after work. One of the guys I worked with, married with a baby, struck up a relationship with one of the ladies that worked there, and lo and behold went there for lunch and never returned...just walked off the job and ran off with her. This was just before Christmas. Anyway, the relationship fizzled out and he came back in January...they gave him his job back and his wife took him back, too. True story.

Last edited:
By 1980 those were not "real" caddies. They were rebadged Chevies. Mine was a "real" Caddy. 1969 Coupe De Ville. A beautiful ride with a very powerful 472 V8. 500 lb ft of move the globe torque. MPG? Ha! Most of the time all I ever saw was 6mpg on premium. It could squeak out about 15 on the road but in town 6 was all I could manage. It made a lot of "dings" on the pump when it was being filled. Loved that car. One night coming down a deserted Route 14 out of Barrington from Kelsey's Road House I was cooking along at just shy of 100 mph. My buddy asked why I was driving so slow. I said look at the speedo. He nearly peed his pants LOL. A true Mafia Staff Car. I could have stacked the bodies in the huge trunk like cordwood :D
Re what I can fit in my Highlander I know I can fit a whole *&itload in it. Heck when I took my Wolf home it came home in a little Saturn Vue. So I know that Wolf would definitely fit in the Highlander. The issue is by myself I cannot lift the grill head or the cart into the Highlander. Which is why a trailer to simply winch the Wolf onto would be called for if I have to do it by myself.
BTW note the license plate on the caddy. It is a Bicentennial IL plate and the red white and blue city tag on the windshield. The blue car was my mom's 71 Lemans and that little green Vega belonged to the shop foreman I worked for at Cadillac.
And the photo was taken only about 5 blocks from where Harrison Ford grew up LOL

View attachment 38662
I haven't been to Kelsey's road house in years. Cool place

The guy next door (my boss) had the same Coupe as mine except a 1970. The 1970 472 was a slightly stronger output engine because of different emission controls and tuning. But only slightly. Anyway he had a guy in a Mustang small block try to give him a top end race out on 294. He said the stang outran him up to about 110. At 110 he caught up at 120 he went by him of course the needle was buried, he looked in his mirror only to see the stang let out a huge cloud of smoke and go to the shoulder. Sadly by 71 those big block caddy engines were toothless. Compression had gone from 10.5-1 down to 7.5 -1 to be able to become capable of running on the new unleaded gas being mandated in preparation for catalytic converters. Anyway I am digressing from the original idea here of grabbing that Wolf and taking a trip down memory lane LOL. Sorry.
Wrenched my back BAD yesterday and so have not made contact with the seller yet. Depending how I feel after my "adjustments" Monday I may make contact then

My Father and I took an Amtrak trip from Kalamazoo to Oxnard Ca. to pick up my late uncles “PRISTINE” 1968 diamond green with black, fabric interior Lincoln Continental. It had made two trips from Champaign, IL. to Oxnard an occasional trip to the winery in Ojai, and the drug store. It was my first long haul trip by train, my 18th birthday present, the train trip was a blast! I could legally drink! Fell in love with the club car. Then, an overnight with my aunt and then drove the yacht home! I loved that car, the last year with “Kissing doors”. It was the most comfortable highway car I had ever driven.
I bought another one some years later, blue with black top, blue leather interior, it had one flaw, it could not pass any gas station ever.
Sadly, it had some electrical problems and suffered an interior fire. the Green one had somehow been stripped of a couple of pieces of chrome so, when I sent the blue one to the scrap yard, I pulled the chrome he needed.
There was nothing as fun to drive as that old BIG Detroit iron!

Back