Alaska Salmon

Michael C.

TVWBB Gold Member
Last summer, around August, I caught a boat load of "Pinks" Salmon up in Ketchikan. Great fishing up there! Thawed out one of my frozen packets, then placed them in a bag overnight using Kona Coast spicy teriyaki marinade. Great stuff. Grilled indirect using Alder wood for smoke. The salmon was just awesome! The right amount of smoke flavor, with that little spicy kick of the marinade. Enjoy the pics, thanks for looking :).

Moist and full of flavor!!!

Last edited:
Truly beautiful color on the salmon! Awesome cook michael. If I knew I would get results like that every time, I'd have it every week!
Tim

Last summer, around August, I caught a boat load of "Pinks" Salmon up in Ketchikan. Great fishing up there! Thawed out one of my frozen packets, then placed them in a bag overnight using Kona Coast spicy teriyaki marinade. Great stuff. Grilled indirect using Alder wood for smoke. The salmon was just awesome! The right amount of smoke flavor, with that little spicy kick of the marinade
Now that's how you cook Salmon. My wife always wants to cook it on a cedar plank and it does nothing for me. But if I cooked it like you did, I'd be all over it.

Congrats on catch from the Ketchikan, would love to see some photos of the trip

Thanks everybody! I love bbq ribs, brisket, pulled pork, etc, just like very body else!!! Every now and then, you have to throw on some Salmon on the grill:). I'm glad this one turned out great!

Yummy! It's not always easy to smoke seafoods because they're delicate and easy to ruin but you did a great job, the animal has a really nice color to it and flake. Looks fantastic!

Back