Afterburner Aftermarket Infrared Burner for Genesis II, so far it's HOT!

Man oh man, I thought I'd just hit the jackpot after stumbling upon this thread last night.

Though it's Saturday, I called Rob Keaton's 1-800-694-6870 number... and was connected with a very confused person on the other end, as it appears the number has been repurposed for Trolly Insurance! I sent an email to info@afterburnerir.com, which bounced, and it looks like the website itself is parked now.

@David Eisdorfer, it looks like you had better luck sourcing one recently? What's your trick?
@Joe Anshien, any ideas?

TIA
Last year I was about to track down Rob and I urged him to retail these and start giving them away to "influencers" on YouTube and such. Rob's company does almost all wholesale for grill manufactures. I thought he could really sell a lot of them. He had tried before through BBQGuys and Weber apparently threatened to pull their grills if BBQguys continued selling them. He was not really interested in the influencer route, but sent me one to play with and do some kind of review. I did a YouTube video and thought the community would eat these up. I made a deal with him for 10 for the Genesis II's to start out. I got 8 for the Genesis II's and 2 for the older E and S300 series. I finally sold the last of them last month through here, eBay, and FBM. I do not plan on trying to do it again as sales were just too sporadic. You could post in the "For Sale / Wanted forum to see if anyone wants to part with theirs. Or you can do what I did and buy a Napoleon;-)

Just fired up the afterburner for the first time and very happy with how the products turned out (a flatiron steak and 6 burgers, in much less time than usual) but the burner itself seems *really* dirty - any IR burner specific cleaning tips? Or will it burn itself clean after a while?IMG_1987.jpg

Last edited:
I let most of the stuff vaporize. You may want to hit it lightly with a soft brush and a shop vac it once in a while, if it gets a lot of build up. And that steak looks good.

I actually just bought a couple of these to use in my weber, a big thanks to Joe Anshien for helping me to source them. They arrived without the ceramic pieces that I see in most of the pictures, anyone care to explain what they're for and if the burners can be used well without them?
Trying to purchase an Afterburner-IR for my Genesis II propane grill. Afterburner seems to be out of business & cannot locate any stock from BBQ retailers or eBay. See your post that you purchased a couple….have any for sale?
Thanks - Rich

Back