After Nearly 30 Years

Yep, they are 5/16" inch screws. I took 4 of them out and they look to be the exact same screws they use on the slide rails on the bottom of the fire box. So actually, if you used spacers, they would not need to be very tall.
It is raining out pretty good now and I couldn't get all six of the screws out without getting adapters and the like. If you want more details, it will have to wait.
No need it answered my questions.
So if I were to shoot that kid an offer knowing all I am going to use is the side table and burner (unless I get that frame from you then the doors, wire rack and panels) what do you think the parts are worth? To me his fire box is not of use (rails under it rusted off and entire grease collection system is missing), the lid is shot, I don't think the burners are good, it has an LP manifold which I may be able to sell. I was thinking to see if he'd bite at $30 but honestly if he did I'd feel bad in a way. Young couple 5mos old baby, really sweet people, just having difficult time due to layoffs long term from CV19, but I still need to be "fair" to myself.

Well, to tell you the truth, I don't think he is going to sell it for more than $20 with the way the frame is rotted out. I think $30 is fair and probably more than he will get, even if he sits on it. Just not many people that will buy a grill that clearly falling apart. The only ones who might be interested would be someone like you who wants parts and not necessarily a working/usable grill. You might be able to sell some of the other parts off it as well, such as the lid. They are pretty unique. That grill should have come with the steam and Chips setup too but it looks like that is probably long gone.
Good luck, but I understand your compasion for the seller. But, he has already had it listed for 13 weeks. If it is still available, he would probably jump at a $30 offer and feel good about it.

Yeah I guess you're right. It doesn't even have the proper grates and internals. Someone long ago stripped out the stainless grates and flavo bars anyway. If I could make that classy side burner work on that 2000 you helped me get it's worth $30 to me LOL

Well I talked to the kid re the issue with the frame being Swiss Cheese and missing no can find parts from the grill itself and explained the only things I am interested in are the burner and side table and I could see my way clear to giving him $25. He bit. Now all I have to do is get to Marengo and pick it up LOL

Cool. Let us know how the retro fit goes.
I will. I have the little guy today and tomorrow going out to Spring Grove to see my friend and his son (who is a Fox Lake PD) so not sure when I will get to Marengo LOL

Well I ventured out to the son in law's yesterday. Thanks to Gerry with a solid intact frame in tow. After getting into it the destruction they (the roofers) did was pretty amazing. If you go back to the original photos. They literally ripped the welded tabs out of the top frame. I did not take photos and should have. But there was no rust. They just ripped out the welds. So the tabs were still in the legs. They also some how managed to break the locating tab on the back burner. So now the back burner is simply floating with no locating tab. I got it together and told SIL this was going to be a next summer project. We'll tear it all down again. Do a resto on the frame (sand, paint, rustproof, modify to add casters), by then I hope to have my hands on a good fire box, then we'll get it all back together and it'll finally be like I gave it to him. For now it's back up, standing tall and he can grill on it.

Back