After 1.5 years of waiting, finally scored a WSM from CL...

Jeff J

TVWBB Member
Patience pays off I guess. I've been surfing CL in the Dayton area for over a year, and in that time only 2 have popped up. One was way overpriced and the other was gone in less than an hour after it was listed. For some reason, we just don't see them that much around here. Anyway, I finally scored this week. The gentleman moved here from NC and didn't have time to sell it before they left. He said he got 10 emails on it, but they went to his junk folder. He responded to all 10 at the same time, and I was the lucky first person to respond. It is a 2006 18.5 and all parts were in great shape except the upper grate. I had a spare in the garage, so no problem. Cleaned up with the pressure washer and some SOS pads, and added the Brinkmann water pan and handle mod. Did a test run yesterday and it held a perfect 240 with the vents 1/3 cracked.

I cannot tell you how excited I am to finally have one. Paid $85 plus $15 for the water pan and $6 for the handles. I look forward to a doing some ribs this weekend.

IMAG0500.jpg

Sitting amongst friends...

IMAG0502.jpg

Nice....that deck looks like a nice spot to cook on. The WSM will make it even better. :wsm:

Nice score...congratulations! It looks right at home with the others. Looking forward to seeing some of your cooks.

Back