Advice on a Rotisserie Beef Roast

No need for $500 an hour...................just buy a 3lb roast put it on the spit and see for yourself.

Yah, my mom used to call me an "Instigator". Anyway, the roast came out great. First roast I didn't turn into beef jerky. Having the THermoworks remote thermometer was a key as well. No more guessing "Is it done yet?"

Thanks to everyone who lent advice. I am really enjoying a whole new world of grilling since I rehabbed my Genesis 1000, and bought a rotisserie for it as well as a Smoke remote thermometer.

Gonna be doing another one of these in the next week or so. I just brought it in from the garage freezer. The last two I did according to Larry's simple instructions turned out great.

Bruce, I'd be interested to see if you did a rotisserie experiment and comparison (qualitative of course) with the grate method. I'm trying to dream up new rotisserie ideas besides chicken, which is delicious. Tomorrow I have a ton of yard work to do, so it will be a perfect day to let the natural gas flow and a nice piece of meat spin.

I'm also trained in thermodynamics, but tend to agree with Larry when it comes to grilling, experience is a major factor.

I may try the roto on my next one. Problen is the wired thermoworks smoke thermometer. I will have to open the lid an check the meat temp once in a while.

Bruce, I've done a couple of these now with my roto and they came out great!

kUprZ4l.jpg

nRunRH8.jpg

nQmg0NZ.jpg

4TLxYk3.jpg

Of course this is when I want to party...
hyNu5J6.jpg

4yCwMll.jpg

Those are delicious done as a roast, however what Bruce is cooking will be a bottom round roast. They do roast up and taste great BTW

Actually, I have a pork tenderloin that I will cut cross ways into 1.5" sections and then wrap them in bacon for tonight's meal. But right now I have to get out and finish my latest rehab.

Larry, I am doing up a 2.5 lb Chuck roast tonight according to your instructions. It worked out great last time.

Back