Adding decals, etc. to the wsm?

Brandon A

TVWBB All-Star
Seeing the new Smoke Day V merch got me thinking. How do you guys think the magnet would hold up to heat
icon_wink.gif
It would sure look cool stuck to my wsm. I've done some searching for "high heat vinyl" and didnt really find what I was looking for. Anybody have any ideas for dressing up the wsm?

I have no idea how the magnet would hold up, but I always thought it would be cool to wrap a WSM in some sort of high-temp graphic if that was possible. Wrapping the lid in a navy blue field with white stars and the wrapping the middle section with vertical alternating red & white stripes always comes to mind.

Regards,
Chris

I usually slap one of the magnets on my WSM for Smoke Day. Works OK for at least the annual picture. I honestly don't recall if I left it on for hours at a time.I put it on the dome facing forward. You can see it in my avatar pic. Decals would be cool.

Now that I think about it, I work with a guy who owns a printer and does vinyl decals/signs etc for business windows and vehicles. I will have to remember to ask him if there is a high temp resistant type of vinyl.

What would happen if you took the negative of a vinyl sign, stuck it to the WSM and painted it with high heat paint?

I spoke with the guy at work that does vinyl signs and he said that to his knowledge that there isnt a high temp vinyl. He did suggest using a vinyl sticker as a mask or stencil for high temp paint. It would make creating a stencil much easier then doing it by hand.

Back