Adding a 3rd burner on spirit e-210

AndresC

Hi all, first post here. Was wondering if anyone has been able to add a 3rd burner on a spirit e-210. I love the smaller size but would love one more burner. Did some searching around previously but no finds. If someone has done, it is someone in these forums. Thanks!

I doubt that you will find it here. I have been here on and off since the pandemic and have never heard of anyone adding a burner to a grill.

I have been here on and off since the pandemic and have never heard of anyone adding a burner to a grill.
It's been done on an old 2-burner Genesis Jr, but that's a very different animal than a Spirit 2-burner. I'm not aware of it being done on a Spirit.

EDIT: Chris’s post landed while I was typing!

There is a thread where a member very successfully added a 3rd burner to a very old Genesis Jr. That was made more practical because, although the Jr. only had two burners, the firebox was the same front to back depth as a regular three burner Genesis. He started with a Genesis manifold and then reworked the firebox to enable a middle burner. In your case you are looking at modding the manifold as well. It could be done. Not sure the end result would really be worth all the effort. But we have people here I think who could help you if you want to go for it.

Yep, I agree with Jon. It could probably be done, but not easily. It would probably require some welding and other metal working skills. The end result might not be what you were hoping either.

What exactly is your reasoning for wanting to add a third burner? Is it simply that you are looking for a bit more heat out of your grill?

Back