Accidental owner of a Weber Summit E-650

The sun was out and I got to drive out to the country to pick up the bbq this wekeend. The gentleman that was selling it was the Estate Manager (as in looks after his UK homes) of the (42yr old!) US Hedge Fund owner who lives in HK, this was his one of his holiday homes and so the grill has had very little use, it was kept outside though.

And some pics

iOuruxW.jpg

fjvyuG3.jpg

l2nlUJ8.jpg

USkI6Lz.jpg

98mGNk5.jpg

24YC1ee.jpg

And in action

aE74SOG.jpg

GjDxQUf.jpg

Unfortunately, the rotisserie motor was not available, I'll have to look to buy one but the the parts were.

I need to decide whether to keep it indoors or out, it does have the cover.

Thanks for looking.

Wow, that is one of the nicest Summits I have seen. Not sure what you paid for it, but it looks like a great find.

Thanks guys. It was £175 plus £50 for van hire and fuel so £225, about $285.

Bill, that's halloumi with chilli flakes, its lovely!

Really nice score. If you have the option to store indoors I would do so. The cabinets on these grills are cheap painted steel and love to rust over time. Dry storage helps to prevent rust. The covers are nice but tend to trap moisture underneath since the grill cannot breathe very well. This will also cause rust.

Don't store it over concrete or if you do put some kind of rubber mat under it to keep the alkali fumes and moisture from the concrete collecting on the metal

That sounds like a good plan. I would suggest a good coat of auto wax for all the painted steel.

I think you already used that grill more than the previous owner!

Ha ha, you're not wrong, had it out this wekeend again.

Is there a knack to get the infra red burner going? I can see spark and it ignites but doesn't appear to stay on.

Also, are the Weber rotisserie motors interchangeable? Since mine never came with one.

I believe there is a safety valve on that burner. You have to read the lighting instructions very carefully

Back