Accessory idea, 3D printer needed

Colin

TVWBB All-Star
Hey everyone,
I have an idea that I think would be easy to make with a 3D printer. On my Performer Premium, non gas assist, I never use the Weber timer that came with it. I use the timer for guitar practice but not cooking. So there is this empty holder on the front of the grill that needs something in it. My idea is to make a dummy or a blank the same dimensions as the timer. That would allow for mounting a bottle opener, beer holder or whatever else I may find more useful. Maybe have several to pop in and out just like the timer so, what do y'all think?....or am I all wet?

IMG_20210306_170841.jpg
IMG_20210306_170818.jpg

Thanks for looking. Any and all suggestions welcome.

A bottle opener sounds like a great idea. I'm sure lots of people would be interested in that. I've never used my timer. It only gets used when my kids press the buttons

I’ve never looked at the fine details of a new Performer. How does the timer base attach to the front plate?

It just snaps into the plate and is held by two little fingers.
Yeah I would be concerned that with a bottle open it would break the plastic from the force of the bottle opening action. This is what I did on my performer for a bottle opener at least. 0412322C-8D0F-4A71-AEF5-1065D984998A.jpeg
next to the tool holder. Sorry I know this dosent help with your question, but an idea for a sturdy bottle opener...

Yeah I would be concerned that with a bottle open it would break the plastic from the force of the bottle opening action. This is what I did on my performer for a bottle opener at least. View attachment 23788
next to the tool holder. Sorry I know this dosent help with your question, but an idea for a sturdy bottle opener...
Hey Dustin, thanks! I've certainly thought of that.

Back