ABT freezing question

j. pavone

TVWBB Super Fan
I am doing some abt's today just for myself - my wife and kids find them to hot to handle. So i f i prepped a a few dozen and cooking only 6 today for myself as a snack could i freeze the rest for a future dinner appetizer? would they turn out ok after thawing out and cooking at a later date? enjoy the holiday people

I wouldn't see why not...especially if you're not planning on keeping them in the freezer for months. But on the other hand I'm curious to see what other people have to say because I would consider the ATB's a delicate item...in terms of storing/freezing.

The only thing I would do - personally - is hold off on wrapping them in bacon until you're ready to cook 'em.

My only opinion would be that I think due to the tight cell structure of the jalapenos, they may rupture in the freezing process and may result in a mushy exterior once they're cooked. I am sure they would still taste good (how could they not) but it's like finding crisp peppers in the can - they don't exist. Definitely worth a try though.

The peppers aren't crisp after cooking anyway -- it is the bacon that adds that texture.

Freeze on a tray, bacon-wrapped but uncovered. Once frozen place in a bag or container and return to the freezer. Again, I wouldn't thaw first before cooking.

Thankyou so much - thats what i needed to hear - i will post my pictures with ribs and thighs later on tonight.

Back