Aarrgh! I hate Whirlpool!

Delivered and installed. Wife is happy. Kids are happy (they don’t have to hand wash).

Quick q: the installer said that when loading dirty dishes, I WANT to have a bit of food left on there to activate the soap. Never heard this before. We always rinse and knock off pretty much most/all food in the sink before loading.

Any truth to that?

View attachment 98966
Ours was so quiet that you needed that light shining on the floor to know it was running.

When I first bought my Kitchenaid rated at 39 dBA, it was opened several times until the family learned to look at the light to see if it was running.

During thanksgiving dinner cleanup, one of my extended family opened it while running twice within a couple of minutes and we had a good laugh at his expense.

Once you get used to a very quiet dishwasher, you'll NEVER be happy with a noisy one.

If / when my KA falls over I'll likely replace it with a Bosch.

I run Bosh dishwashers and don’t see me changing anytime soon.
I think the one at our waterfront house is old enough to be one of the first ones and it still is running strong.

I’ve seen what the insulation looks like on lesser brands and it does not compare.
I also like the “tube in shell” heat exchanger over that stupid heating element that some others use that seems to enjoy damaging things.

I never knew about leaving food on. I read it and had to literally argue with my wife to not "wash" the dishes before "washing" them. Before leaving a them dirty we had etched glassware and other small issues. Suddenly now, glassware is sparkling clean, no etching and so on. Not only that, we've been using Cascade Liquid wash. We have softened water as well. We have pared the amount of detergent needed to literally just a few drops
BTW our Bosch is very quiet BUT it has no indicator light because it has the front controls. But, what noise it does make it gurgling from the drain pump in the sink. Quite loud

Never heard to leave food on the dishes to make it work, hard water and to much detergent etches glassware. sensor clean helps with that problem as I read it shortens cycle with less food particles detected. Just replaced our DW due to control board issue, over $100 for a board and was going to go cheap again but found a Maytag I liked. wife said everything has fell apart this year, washer/dryer/dishwasher/me , told her to hold it down so the fridge didn't hear :ROFLMAO:, shoulder surgery was in April still hurts but it's slowly getting better, Dr said it would take up to a year. about to pound it with dove opener this weekend, may end up shooting left handed. Little over $500 and was going $300 or so. some of the parts are 10 year warranty.

Some may be interested in this video from Technology Connections putting forth the idea that you may actually be using too much dishwasher detergent in your dishwasher, unless your water is very hard.

Yep we figured that out. Our glassware was etching like crazy in our Bosch with those pods (even the ones recommended by Bosch). We started using 3 or 4 drops (yes DROPS) of Cascade liquid detergent. Everything comes out absolutely sparkling clean, no visible etching. But we're using water being run through our softener and a filter. So, we cut way back. And used only 3 or 4 drops. We also use the rinse aid. All foo

Yep we figured that out. Our glassware was etching like crazy in our Bosch with those pods (even the ones recommended by Bosch). We started using 3 or 4 drops (yes DROPS) of Cascade liquid detergent. Everything comes out absolutely sparkling clean, no visible etching. But we're using water being run through our softener and a filter. So, we cut way back. And used only 3 or 4 drops. We also use the rinse aid. All foo

Sadly, I can't convince my better half that we're using too much detergent (we have very soft water), and I've also noted that it has gotten darn hard to find anything besides the pods in our area, :(.

Back