A tribute to my dad..Old school carne asada

HOLY CRAP!!! You just described my entire childhood grilling memories! Right down to the michelob!!
By any chance did you grow up in Chicago?

HOLY CRAP!!! You just described my entire childhood grilling memories! Right down to the michelob!!
By any chance did you grow up in Chicago?

I grew up in Pomona, California. Omar..Don't forget the sips of beer our dads or uncles would give us and Vicente or Cadetes playing in the background.

"Don't forget the sips of beer our dads or uncles would give us and Vicente or Cadetes playing in the background. "
---Even better, was when my dad asked me to go get him a beer and I came back and handed him an open 3/4 full michelob :)
Yup chente, cadetes, ramon, alegres etc etc etc

Looks awesome dude! I would give my thumb(dident mean that oh mighty)...For a plate like that! killer mate!

This post means so much to me. Being of Basque heritage I remember many a weekend watching my grandpa (who was from Spain) working a charcoal fire. He had a great knack for making things taste great and knew exactly how long to cook them perfectly. Never a recipe or temperature checks or anything like that. Just a talent for cooking that I have tried to emulate my whole life. Thank you for sharing this memory.

Back