A Story of WSM Redemption

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your site saved my life.
A friend axed me what was a good smoker to do his Italian sausages on. I says a WSM.
He goes and gets one but burns up da links on his first try. He says now show me how dis ting works or you gonna die. So there I sit in front of my computer with a 38 screwed to my ear. I showed him your site. He drops the gun and says "Madonne, what a site." So you see, I'm alive today because of you.
Well, it coulda happened.
I agree with everyone, great site.

Chris,

Here's another story of WSM redemption. My wife got me a WSM for Christmas 3 years ago. I made a few attempts at using it, but never could figure out how to do it properly (some other time I'll tell you the story of the "perfect" ribs I had to pitch over the back fence after over-smoking them!).

Anyway, after finding your site a couple of months ago the veil of mystery has been lifted and I've been able to use and control the WSM to create some really good eating. I have now gone back to all the barbecue books I own to find recipes suitable for the WSM, and am planning on cooking with it on a regular basis until I'm too old and infirm to use it.

Thanks for all your help, and to Jim Minion and everyone else who has contributed their knowledge and experience to this site.

Best Regards,

Rick

Chris,
AS you notice the group is getting bigger and the knowledge base is growing. You have a larger group that are willing to help anyone that asks for it, and these guys are right on.
Thanks for a place that this kind of thing can go on.
Jim

This site has saved me 3x.

The first time was when I was sure I wanted a BGE. Fortunately this site was available and I learned quickly the WSM was for me.

The second time was after two consequtive disaster episodes with creosote. Members helped me determine that I was using too much wood which kept me from kickin that WSM to the back of the garage.

The most recent savior was when Jim Minion and others convinced me that it is ok to go to bed when smokin butt. I'm now a much happier and well slept smoker
smile.gif

Thanks again for all your work Chris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back