A Smoking Vacation - need some ideas

Don't know.. Dave Witt, West Seneca, an occasional visitor here, is a friend of mine and is going. I'll probably be heading over to visit him and I'll get some more info and pics. 10 minute drive for me!
icon_wink.gif

Bill

I need the Peace, Love & BBQ Book also

great book for the stories, however there isn't that many recipes. I think we made few from it so far but its a far better read than a recipe reference.

If you're into cookbooks and experimental q, I recommend Tarantino's: Marinades, Rubs, Brines, Glazes (or something like that). I picked it up at wegs and it has got to be the most interesting q/grilling book out there. I can fill you with details if you havent seen it.

Originally posted by j biesinger:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Dave Witt, West Seneca, an occasional visitor here, is a friend of mine and is going

is he competing? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah. He and his wife (and 2 little boys) compete at the Oink every year as "Swine Syndicate", too.

Originally posted by j biesinger:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I need the Peace, Love & BBQ Book also

great book for the stories, however there isn't that many recipes. I think we made few from it so far but its a far better read than a recipe reference.

If you're into cookbooks and experimental q, I recommend Tarantino's: Marinades, Rubs, Brines, Glazes (or something like that). I picked it up at wegs and it has got to be the most interesting q/grilling book out there. I can fill you with details if you havent seen it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Haven't heard about this one. I'd like to hear more though .. You can email me at removed and we can take it offline if you like.

Bill

Yeah. He and his wife (and 2 little boys) compete at the Oink every year as "Swine Syndicate", too.

oh right, I've seen them, they do well.

amazon link

I like the book, it has a lot of cool ideas for experimental q. My wife gets bored with q, and when ever I bring up the fact that I want to do some ribs or something, she'll grumble and try to get me to do them korean, tuscan, etc. Right now I'm doing 2 racks of bb's that are of variation on raichlen's "chinatown ribs" (more info to follow in new thread) and I'm going to take them over to a friends house tonight and finish them with a plum glaze from the tarantino book.

It's chock full of recipes for different elements, its up to you to make sense of it all for some crazy q.

check this out:

moroccan lamb

Back