A little tri tip action with mac and cheese waffles.....

Jason Cee

TVWBB Member
I watched Michael Symon's new show last week and a guy from a place called Arrogant Swine made a mac and cheese waffle that looked pretty killer, so I had to try it. I picked up a tri tip in FL last week, so I thought that would be a good time to try it.

I made the mac and cheese the night before from a béchamel sauce, cheddar cheese and pecorino romano. It needs to be refrigerated and cooled prior to making these. You can save some of the cheese sauce to use to dip in or as a syrup, if so desired.

Get the waffle iron hot and drop a bunch of mac and cheese on there and flatten it out. Pile the top high with cheese and close the iron. I found that it really helped if you held the iron closed during the process. The waffle is ready when the cheese stops bubbling.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Wow, gorgeous cook. That mac and cheese waffle looks interesting and delicious. The TT looks perfect. Like the brew too.

I saw the same show Jason and the waffle looked delicious and I do believe you nailed it with yours. You got it with the brew and que parts

I saw the same show Jason and the waffle looked delicious and I do believe you nailed it with yours. You got it with the brew and que parts

Thanks Craig! Where do you buy your meat in Pensacola, if you don't mind me asking. I have only bought stuff from Publix on the island, as that is where our condos are.

Your tri tip is looking really tasty, but your mac n cheese waffles have stolen the show!

WOW!! Your TT looks awesome but the mac n cheese is over the top. Outstanding job and I'm going to give that a try for sure.

Wow Jason that is interesting and creative. My kids would totaly love that! The TT looks really good to. Excelent job.

Regards,

John

Nice cook Jason! I watched the same Michael Symon show last night and told my wife we have to do that.:cool: love the mac n cheese waffle.

Back