A little bit of progress on my Genesis Skyline "Chicago" Grill

I would think rather than individual led's the new COB (Chip On Board) which is way more bright and efficient would be more desireable

There are LED replacement bulbs for the bulbs used in the 9057 but I have not tried them yet.

I purchased some that looked perfect, but nothing I could do would get them to work. The old kind work fine. LED would be great, of course, and with 6 C batteries would last forever. If someone gets some that do work on this handle light, please let me know.

Arun,
From what I understand the 9057 Grill Out Handle Light is the only one Weber made that is compatible with the original Weber Genesis hoods. They haven’t made them in a very long time, but you can usually find them on eBay or perhaps something similar. There are non-Weber products that can be attached to almost any handle. Search Amazon and you will see plenty.

The 9057 is fairly simple to install, but you do have to remove the original handle. This means at least partially disassembling your hood. Not a big deal, of course. This handle requires six ‘C’ batteries to fire its old-fashion bulbs. I don’t think it would look good on every grill, but it was perfect for my Skyline urban Chicago look. One nice thing is that it puts more space between your hand and the hot hood when opening.

Thanks, I ordered the 9057.

Would the bulbs ever need to be replaced, and if so, could they be replaced?

EDIT: Just saw the last few posts. It seems that there are LED replacement bulbs, but that you haven't gotten them to work. What about non LED replacement bulbs?

Last edited:
The bulbs are easily replaceable. Just like flashlight bulbs. It should be no problem to get conventional replacement bulbs that work. I am sure there are LED ones out there, too, but I am not going to waste any more money and time looking for them.

You have to remember unlike conventional bulbs LEDs are polarity sensitive. Try turning the batteries around

Hmmm, i know about the polarity thing with LED's however, I never thought of switching the batteries around.....hahaha, just the bulbs.

You have to remember unlike conventional bulbs LEDs are polarity sensitive. Try turning the batteries around

I think I still have the LED bulbs. I am not sure how well the handle will work with the batteries in backwards since the contacts are not "switch hitters" but it is worth a try. I will have to dig, because I pretty much buried them as another contribution to my haystack of wasted dreams:(.

Back