A gift for my Dad

Thanks for the compliment.

Original wood.

I pressure washed first which took out most of the oil stains and all of the old cedar colored stain. Then I sanded it. I used wood conditioner then one coat of minwax cherry wood colored gel stain. Then five coats of verethane water based floor varnish.

This pic is before the varnish.

goCr

I know that wood tone looked familiar... I used that same Cherry Gel Stain & Conditioner on all the wood trim as well as 6-panel doors in my 50's Ranch Home.

Great job Steve! That would make any Dad proud to cook on.

Jeff

I gotta chime in here as well. That is just awesome. Dad is going to get a great grill and it is preseasoned as well.

Thanks again to everyone for all of the nice comments. You all made me even more excited to give it to him Saturday night. I will post some pics when he gets it!

Hello everyone, I am Steve's dad. I just want you all to know that your expectations were realized to the fullest. Steve sure put his heart into this project for me and I am very excited about the direction my outdoor cooking just took. He makes a Father very proud.
PS..You all should see pictures of his Century Resorter that he has rehabilitated.

With certainty, you should be proud; thanks for taking a moment to express your admiration for both your son and the restoration!

Back