A few questions for you guys......

No, I am not a Packer fan, But I have been to two games up there. One was against my Vikings. But I haven't had any donuts from a donut shop up there.

My dye expertise, unfortunately, is limited to plastic. But you could easily trip out the plastic parts in alternating team colors. Tie dyes and tiger stripes were very popular with the lax kids. Dye it color #1 first. Then drizzle glue gun glue all over color #1. Dye it color #2, then peel off the glue.

Bruce that is a great idea for the green topper! Unfortunately I was born a Redskins fan so I will stick with my black knobs. Yes the drill extender with steel wool zip tied on clean all of the bugs right out of the tubes. Dont be afraid to make the steel wool bigger than the tube because when the drill spins the wool will feed right down the tube no problemo.

Attachments

• 20200508_172646.jpg
    20200508_172646.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 11
Totally cool with a lot of possibilities. So, what dye do you need? What exactly is the process when "simmering" is mentioned. If those plastic Weber kettle handles will take the black dye, then I would think any Weber plastic handle or know (or other trim) would as well.

I would like to learn more!

The definition of simmer is to have the temperature from 180 to 205 F but not boiling. Should not melt the plastic at those temps. Jules said for two to three hours. This is the instructions from Rit Dyes on their website.

From what I can tell. It would be best to use the Rit Dyemore line of dyes for things like plastics, but they don't have "black". The closest they have is Graphite. I did see some youtube videos of them using it and they even called it black.

This will likely be a new post, but related to the 2000 Silver B that Jim posted.

I picked up one of these last night, from a CL ad for a regulator, that after I asked about why, found out they replaced with a Traeger Pellet, and she gave me the Silver B as long as I bought the regulator which I did. Likely just needs some cleaning/valve adjustment, they never attempted to replace the regulator.

This unit looks like Jim's picture without a dent/fold, its a an early 2000s Silver B, with SS floor/front doors . Except for a really nasty rusty bottom floor. There's two doors that appear to need a base. I tosed half the floor in recycling bin last night...... Any advise to reuse the frame? Is it possible to use Bruce's repair method and just not use the doors? Seems like the front base tube is loose. I will likely repost with some pictures, unit is stored at my MIL's place as I don't have any space currently, I will get some pics.

Great informatin about swapping out parts, glad to hear these are interchangeable.

Thank you.

Yah, you can fab in two cross members across the front and back. Then find a wire rack off another grill to go across the bottom or you could fab up a wood slat bottom.

Back