A disaster invoing my weber..Pr0n heavy with fire

Tony R

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
A disaster involving my weber..Pr0n heavy with fire

This is my story it happened month or so ago....
This was saturday afternoon I was going to watch the Showtime Boxing and was planning to make mojarras fritas..I think they are AKA Tilapia. All was fine until I started the fire in my weber and it was too hot. I added some chicken and it burned to a crisp with in a few minutes. So me and my buddy after a few beers decided we could pick up my cast iron disco and drain the oil and start over. Well needless to say we spilled the hot oil and started a massive fire. I dont have the pics of that but the aftermath only. He jumped the fence because the fire was so hot that he feel on his side almost burnd himself and I slightly burned my arm.
1347934624.jpg

1347934633.jpg

1347934663.jpg

1347934665.jpg

I wake up around 8:00 am and have a few beers and make breakfast. Made some tortas chorizo and egg. And do the fish again but this time I didnt add alot of wood and was checking the oil temp and making sure the fire didnt get too hot. Thanks for looking...

1347934674.jpg

1347934704.jpg

1347934709.jpg

Here are my little fish done the right way...
1347934711.jpg

1347934716.jpg

1347934713.jpg

Last edited:
It's a life lesson, you should have seen the Great Chicken Fire of 1979. I damn near burnt my parents garage down, who knew chicken was that flammable?

sometimes when you get caught up watching a fight or game you lose time and undesirable things happen.
Makes you pay more attention next time!!

I've had a whole fried snapper prepared like that in a restaurant. It was delicious, and got a lot of looks around the dining room. Nice fish, and I like that fryer setup.

Nice looking meal, except I don't like my meal looking back at me. Now my Wife would be in Heaven with that plate in front of her.

I really like the setup aswell. But it looks to be a ticking bomb. Love the protein,looks really tasty. Just be carefull mate!

Where did you acquire that fryer. That is too cool.

My mother in law gave it to me. She brought it from Mexico. They are made from a plow disc. This are designed to have a wood fire underneath. I do have turkey fryer burner but had no propane.

Back