A Cut of Lamb for BBQ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Piesik

TVWBB Fan
I really like lamb. And have been looking for information on a cut that would be appropriate for low and slow (if it exsists). I would never cook a leg of lamb with this methode.I searched the posts and found a few threads on someone who was thinking about doing shanks but never found a thread if they actually tried this or how it turned out.I Would appreciate any information on this or any other cuts.
Thanks,
Jim

I had the same problem finding lamb posts couple of months ago when I wanted to cook a leg of lamb for Easter. Here is a link to my leg of lamb results:

Leg of Lamb Experience?

My family loves lamb. Please post your lamb Q'g experience so that we can build up a data base of lamb cooks!

Thanks Dave
Ive done leg before at higher temps,cooking meat to medium rare. To be honest,I dont bother doing it in a smoker. I use an inderect methode in a charcole grill. I find it easier to maintain higher cook temps and its a relitivly short cook any way.

What Im looking for is a cut that has enough fat and cologin to render in a slow cook. Like brisket
or shoulder.

If I find any info I will deffinetly post.
Thanks,
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back