A BUNCH of my favorite things for one fun cook

Michael Richards

TVWBB Emerald Member
We went out to the our favorite local orchard and got so much good stuff on Saturday. Included in the score was some of my favorite BBQ sauce for chicken thighs, Zesty peach BBQ sauce, some local sugar snap peas, and first crop of the year local corn on the cob. So on Sunday I put all those things together to make a great meal. First, I started with my favorite heat sink, sliced seasoned potatoes in foil on the bottom rack of the WSM, and then I put the boneless skinless chicken thighs on the top rack. 20200518_170543.jpgIMG_20200727_192339.jpgIMG_20200727_192303.jpg
Let that go for an hour and then flipped the potatoes and let it keep going. At the hour mark I started another chimney of charcoal for the master touch. When that charcoal was hot I pulled the potatoes, sauced the chicken, put it back on the WSM, and put my first even piece of corn on the grill. IMG_20200727_192311.jpgIMG_20200727_192243.jpg
After the corn was done, I re-sauced the thighs and moved them to the mater touch and threw on some sugar snap peas in the CI skillet. While the chicken got a little char and the peas cooked I hushed the corn. 20200726_175722_HDR.jpg
Pulled the chicken and gave the peas a few more minutes while the chicken rested and I opened the potatoes up. 20200726_175846_HDR.jpg20200726_180633.jpg
And here is the final plate. IMG_20200727_192328.jpgIMG_20200727_192320.jpg
The whole meal was soooo good. The chicken was tender, smokey, sticky, tangy, and sweet. First time ever grilled corn on the cob was awesome, and I could eat those potatoes and sugar snap pea every day. Thanks for stopping by, that was so much fun to cook, it just kind of rolled through the process with perfect timing and eating it was just as much fun.

Looks awesome Mike. I'm a big fan of those sides and usually looking for a way to incorporate grilled corn into the summer dishes. It seems to pair well with anything spicy. I like to grill it, cut if off the cob and make corn/black bean salsa, or even just combine into a warm corn and potato salad with apple cider vinegar vinaigrette, thyme and red onions or shallots. Yum!

That's some great looking grub, there, Michael! Some of my favorite things, too. Haven't had much good corn here, hoping that changes soon! Fresh summer veggies are so good when you can get 'em!

R

That's some great looking grub, there, Michael! Some of my favorite things, too. Haven't had much good corn here, hoping that changes soon! Fresh summer veggies are so good when you can get 'em!

R
Yeah I feel really lucky as we leave in an area that is surrounded by small local farmers. We will live of lf local peaches for the next month and apples through the fall. Veggies are so plentiful and will continue here into the fall. Right now living on zucchini, cucumbers, sugar snap peas, and corn is just coming in. I love summer eating.

Back