9mm SS grates for E3xx grils for $61

Savings from what? THeir regular price. That is true, but MUCH lower than most any other 9mm offering out there.
The Qulimetal 9mm grates I just bought for my Silver B are currently $105! Adding the SS flavorizer bars with the grates saved me a few dollars but not many. I checked out the Shinestar stuff but didn't see them in the size I needed.

The Qulimetal 9mm stainless grates arrived today and, I must say, they are heavy! Seemingly well finished. Installed and saved the old stamped stainless Weber grates I'd been using for all these years. Those were in a little worse shape than I thought with broken welds but I bagged them and tossed them on a shelf in the garage. You know, just in case. The Qulimetal stainless flavorizer bars are due Thursday or Friday so I'll save the next cook with the Silver B until the weekend. After I install the flavorizer bars, I'll take a clean (before first use) photo and post it up. Is it worth $150 all in? Meh, probably.

The Qulimetal 9mm stainless grates arrived today and, I must say, they are heavy! Seemingly well finished. Installed and saved the old stamped stainless Weber grates I'd been using for all these years. Those were in a little worse shape than I thought with broken welds but I bagged them and tossed them on a shelf in the garage. You know, just in case. The Qulimetal stainless flavorizer bars are due Thursday or Friday so I'll save the next cook with the Silver B until the weekend. After I install the flavorizer bars, I'll take a clean (before first use) photo and post it up. Is it worth $150 all in? Meh, probably.
The parts that take the most abuse and the first thing to wear out in a barbecue is usually the flavorizer bars and the grill grates. To me it's worth the investment for quality parts that will last especially in this area.

I have paid quite a bit more for grill grates and flavorizer bars. I think this set that you got is very good quality for the price. Maybe The Sweet spot

Last edited:
Thos high quality parts are worth it for "keeper" grills and most likely for grills you do for family or friends. I would say it is rare for flipping that you could come out ahead using top drawer stuff for them. The vast majority of rehabbed grill buyers won't pay the extra cost you would incur vs. going with decent 7mm stainless rods and middle of the road stainless flavorizer bars. Members here have tried "upselling" with no success.

Thos high quality parts are worth it for "keeper" grills and most likely for grills you do for family or friends. I would say it is rare for flipping that you could come out ahead using top drawer stuff for them. The vast majority of rehabbed grill buyers won't pay the extra cost you would incur vs. going with decent 7mm stainless rods and middle of the road stainless flavorizer bars. Members here have tried "upselling" with no success.
Well said Jon

Yep, Jon is right. I am working on a SS Platinum right now and it will be listed for 30% more or so than my regular Silver B's. I still have 4 sets of those 9mm grates that were on close out on Amazon this past spring and I thought this might be a good grill to throw a set on. However, I am already going to be pushing an already weak market by adding the 9mm grates and bumping the price even more.

Yep, Jon is right. I am working on a SS Platinum right now and it will be listed for 30% more or so than my regular Silver B's. I still have 4 sets of those 9mm grates that were on close out on Amazon this past spring and I thought this might be a good grill to throw a set on. However, I am already going to be pushing an already weak market by adding the 9mm grates and bumping the price even more.
Hopefully it pays off!

You’re almost better off adding the 9mm to a grill that is weak in an area or lacking in some way so that you can advertise them as the “These incredible 9mm heat retaining revolutionary grates” to minimize or compensate for the lacking somewhere else.
Although all your rehabs are perfect so I don’t know what would be lacking or less than desirable.

Just thinking out loud lol

Yeah, I think if I were doing the rehab and sell thing that some of you guys do and had to replace grates and bars, I'd be looking for the stuff like @Bruce linked earlier or in another thread - 7mm bars for my grill size for less than half what I just paid. But, like I've said, probably too many times already, I have no interest in replacing the Silver B with one of Weber's newer offerings.

Oh, and just an observation - there is more space between the bars on this style grate than on the Weber stamped *bars* grate that came with the original grill. That really doesn't mean too much for my limited grilling menus and I have no concerns about anything falling through. The new grates will do a much better job of holding the heat but will also take longer to heat up. My thinking about this rehab was even if I end up having to replace other parts down the line, I'll be into the repairs for less than a new three burner Weber and I prefer the, now, old school nature and style of the older grills much more than the new ones. Kinda like preferring an old MG over a new Miata (forgetting the reliability issues).

Last edited:
For solid bar 9mm 304 SS the spacing is pretty tight at 1cm. The 17 lb weight of them is also a dead giveaway. I really like my Weber #9930 grill grates but they are getting rare, hard to find and pricey. The 3/8" 304 SS bars are just a tiny bit thicker than the QuliMetal 9mm with the same number of bars making the gaps between bars just a tiny bit tighter and the average price as far as I can find if you can find them is about $350 a set. That price just doesn't make sense with these QuliMetal 9mm available at the prices they are offered for. Here is a comparison of QuliMetal 9mm vs Weber #9930.

Screenshot_20240813_221000_Photos.jpgScreenshot_20240813_220908_Photos.jpg
20240707_201337~3.jpgScreenshot_20240813_221006_Photos.jpg

Last edited:
For solid bar 9mm 304 SS the spacing is pretty tight at 1cm. The 17 lb weight of them is also a dead giveaway. I really like my Weber #9930 grill grates but they are getting rare, hard to find and pricey. The 3/8" 304 SS bars are just a tiny bit thicker than the QuliMetal 9mm with the same number of bars making the gaps between bars just a tiny bit tighter and the average price as far as I can find if you can find them is about $350 a set. That price just doesn't make sense with these QuliMetal 9mm available at the prices they are offered for. Here is a comparison of QuliMetal 9mm vs Weber #9930.

View attachment 98065View attachment 98068
View attachment 98067View attachment 98066
Both sure are nice.

Back