$80 traveler, read for more info.

Bruno

TVWBB Honor Circle
Found a traveler for $80, he says brand new, won’t light, Weber sent a replacement and doesn’t want the non working one back .so obviously probably can’t register.
Would you give it a go.

If it's local, go for it. Probably a 10 minute fix adjusting the ignitor.

If shipping, probably a scam. I fell for a similar one, but got a refund from Venmo after a month and several emails.

If it's local, go for it. Probably a 10 minute fix adjusting the ignitor.

If shipping, probably a scam. I fell for a similar one, but got a refund from Venmo after a month and several emails.
Thanks for the info, of course that crossed my mind, it’s supposedly 20 min from me, I don’t do Venmo and stuff like that so if he replies I’ll pick it up, if not oh well.
Craigslist is such a PITA.

Last edited:
Blew that, guy was super nice but I got so busy at work I didn’t check my email all day. I’m now # 2 on the list.

My bad Bruno, I hadn't seen your post on here, I guess I was #1 on the list. I saw the craigslist ad on my lunch break yesterday and emailed the guy. The ad was a little fishy since it had no photos of the grill, but it was 5 minutes from my house so I thought I'd check it out. The owner bought it on Amazon for a bbq with friends, and couldn't get it to light. Amazon didn't want to pay the return shipping, so they refunded the money to him, and he got a free grill. He put the grill back in the original packaging with all the paperwork, I'll probably try to test it when I get home from work today. Since he never reached out to Weber or registered it, I'm hoping Weber will warranty it if there actually are any issues.

My bad Bruno, I hadn't seen your post on here, I guess I was #1 on the list. I saw the craigslist ad on my lunch break yesterday and emailed the guy. The ad was a little fishy since it had no photos of the grill, but it was 5 minutes from my house so I thought I'd check it out. The owner bought it on Amazon for a bbq with friends, and couldn't get it to light. Amazon didn't want to pay the return shipping, so they refunded the money to him, and he got a free grill. He put the grill back in the original packaging with all the paperwork, I'll probably try to test it when I get home from work today. Since he never reached out to Weber or registered it, I'm hoping Weber will warranty it if there actually are any issues.
Well that’s awesome!! Small world. Enjoy!

Keep us updated when you get it fired up.

Weber will for sure warranty that and you’ll be set.

Back