8 Butts

Mike Zarecky

TVWBB Pro
This Friday evening I'm smoking 8 Butts for a wedding reception on Saturday afternoon. I'm planning on having them all smoked & pulled by noon on Sat. Delivery is anytime after that. Should I just keep them warm in the oven until delivery? What temp? Should they go in the fridge?

MikeZ

Since they will be pulled I would just put in foil coverd pans in the oven and use a liquid to keep it moist. Some use apple juice others use chicken broth/stock.

Will you have access to reheat on site?? If so pull and put in covered pans with a little of your sauce or apple juice and heat through.

If you do not have means to reheat I would double wrap the butts in foil when they are done and hold in a cooler until you get on site and pull just before serving. Eight butts in one cooler will practically hold steaming hot all day safely.

I think I'm going to take Eddie's advice. The butts should be done in time to pull and put in pans. I'll just pre-heat one of my coolers with hot water and place the pans in with some blankets. I'll also spray with some apple juice.

MikeZ

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike Zarecky:
I think I'm going to take Eddie's advice. The butts should be done in time to pull and put in pans. I'll just pre-heat one of my coolers with hot water and place the pans in with some blankets. I'll also spray with some apple juice.

MikeZ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like a very good plan.

either way should be fine. i myself prefer to double wrap in heavy duty foil and cooler them with towels,blankets and sheets. taking them to the event whole and unwrapping them to reveal the falling apart butts gets many ohhhs and ahhs. especially when you give that bone a little tug and it slides out with no meat on it at all!! i also use my bear paws for some extra flair...lol. i never use them at home but at picnics,parties and such people love them!!.

Back